Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta Release 10.5 2021.36.8.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the Plaid out for a quick drive on FSD Beta 10.5 and initially thought it was doing well.

Then, on an unprotected left turn at a T junction, I thought the car was going to go at the right time when traffic cleared on both sides, but it hesitated and stopped halfway into the junction.

Eventually, traffic starting coming from the left again, and FSD literally lurched forward onto the oncoming traffic! So I hit the brakes hard and reported the issue pronto.

Also, the car is still doing this weird "move away from the turn before initiating the turn", which is super annoying. For example, before making a right turn at a stop sign, the car will veer to the left at the last minute before stopping. Super weird...

TL;DR: still not improved much, from my limited drive today.

Last edited:
Also, the car is still doing this weird "move away from the turn before initiating the turn", which is super annoying. For example, before making a right turn at a stop sign, the car will veer to the left at the last minute before stopping. Super weird...
Guessing the maneuver is to give the front facing cameras better view towards the street you are turning into. I think Elon mentioned that HW4 will have more cameras.

Reactions: gcsutton
Wonder if any of the nice stuff like Noise Canceling is included with 2021.36.8.8? Or is it Just Beta improvements and leaves us out of the goodies like normal folks.😳
Is your car so loud that it needs noise cancelling? Ill like getting more tech, of course, but my Y is amazingly quiet even compared to my Bride's Mercedes (which is built like a tank, but rides like a dream - that reminds me: the only thing the Y really needs is a retrofitted Air Suspension).

Is your car so loud that it needs noise cancelling? Ill like getting more tech, of course, but my Y is amazingly quiet even compared to my Bride's Mercedes (which is built like a tank, but rides like a dream - that reminds me: the only thing the Y really needs is a retrofitted Air Suspension).
It doesn't need FSD or noise canceling. It’s just nice stuff to have. I don’t find air suspension to be a must have .

Last edited:
Took the Plaid out for a quick drive on FSD Beta 10.5 and initially thought it was doing well.

Then, on an unprotected left turn at a T junction, I thought the car was going to go at the right time when traffic cleared on both sides, but it hesitated and stopped halfway into the junction.

Eventually, traffic starting coming from the left again, and FSD literally lurched forward onto the oncoming traffic! So I hit the brakes hard and reported the issue pronto.

TL;DR: still not improved much, from my limited drive today.
I'm having significant issues with 10.5 this morning too. It's better at my country back roads without lines, not where I'd like it to be and the planner actively fights itself between wanting to drive down the middle vs. staying on it's correct side. But my big issue appears to be related to the new logic to stay on route and avoid rerouting. While approaching a right turn, it the planner decided to go left (opposite of my destination). The planner then continued trying to map my path behind me while I drove. After about a half mile it figured it out, but then tried to go into the left lane as I was approaching another right turn. It's a route I drive at least a dozen times a week, so it's not like it's unfamiliar with the area. I'll give it another shot this afternoon without the morning rush hour traffic and maybe see where it tried to take me.

I have 10.5 on my M3. It’s almost unusable. The phantom braking happens about every 30 seconds on two lane roads with side streets. Turns are basically ok. No better than before. Interesting thing. If you use Adaptive Cruise Control; no Phantom braking, but it won’t steer (as expected). If you use FSD Beta; it will steer great but can’t hold velocity due to Phantom Braking. Somehow Tesla can’t merge the two correct behaviors.

Got 8.8. It still won't make unprotected left turn from my unmarked residential street on to 2 lane thru st. no traffic. It gets in left lane at stop sign and stalls. Erratic speed control on 30 mph rd. It stopped 20 ft. Before the stop line at a red light very abruptly as pedestrians crossed on the green in front. This is still basically unusable on my 2018 M3 LR RWD so I've turned it off again. This is discouraging.