Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Beta V11 May Fix the Recall Issues | TMC Podcast Clip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two dudes do a YouTube video on it. It must be true.

But indeed, it is a duh response. It probably already IS FIXED, but even if it isn't they aren't going to spend any time updating the old stack that ended life a few months ago.

What’s taking so long for Tesla to provide new V11. Us customers that can’t use FSD because we are too advanced in our updates and there is no info coming from Tesla. They don’t respond with any knowledgeable info
I needs to be at Least as safe and reliable as current highway code.
Heck just the other day FSD suddenly took a hard left where there was no street because the GPS thought on was on a different street than I was, I had to jerk the wheel to take over. Can you imagine that happening on the interstate.

Heck just the other day FSD suddenly took a hard left where there was no street because the GPS thought on was on a different street than I was, I had to jerk the wheel to take over. Can you imagine that happening on the interstate.
allow me to save the phanboys some keystrokes.

"but interstate uses different code stack and not city stack so if the car does that on the interstate its beta and your fault not teslas. Its the customers responsiblity to know when each stack is active or not active and whether its AP stack or FSD stack or FSDB stack"

What’s taking so long for Tesla to provide new V11. Us customers that can’t use FSD because we are too advanced in our updates and there is no info coming from Tesla. They don’t respond with any knowledgeable info
It was initially expected before the end of last year. They dropped a release to the employees and found a few things that needed to be fixed. They then dropped to the beta team and found a few more. That was only a few weeks ago and each time they change they tend to have to run it through the tests again.

As Microsoft has fondly said over the years. Software is ready when its ready.

And my philosophy says that the smaller the change in the software is, the easier to test and easier to predict what the "ready" date will be.
This is a MAJOR update. If I'm not mistaken, this code branched from what's in our cars today nearly a year ago. Lots of new feature testing and regression testing required.

For the love of all that's holy, get your GPS fixed. All forms of ADAS from all cars need accurate map location data. It's like having a spouse in the passenger seat suddenly yell "turn left! Turn left now! NOW! NOW YOU IDIOT!!!"

• Funny
Reactions: skipugh

Imagine if other countries were to follow suit...
I love this. A put up or shut up...mandate of sorts.

If you claim to be 10x safer than a human? Put your money where your mouth is. Stand behind those words.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: preilly44
People drive without gps and know where they are by looking around. Maybe v11 will allow tesla to stop putting that expensive gps in the cars now too. No gps means no bad map data. Win Win.

Expensive GPS? I'm sorry, but GPS is probably one of the cheapest things in the car. It very possibly comes with the chip that is talking to the cellular network. And Tesla seems to be using open maps, so no big expenses there.

I think that I can pretty easily say that most people, unless the route is when that they drive more than quarterly, are using a GPS and map data to get there. Even before GPS, it was printed maps.

Reactions: Silicon Desert