Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla FSD Subscription Could Come in Q2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla’s Full Self-Driving subscriptions will be an option for owners in the second quarter of this year, according to Chief Executive Elon Musk.

The self-driving software enables Tesla vehicles for features like Navigate on Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, Autopark, Summon, and Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control.

While the FSD system has received positive reviews since the Beta release in October, the $10,000 price tag is still too rich for some owners. A subscription service, however, would give owners the option to try before they buy.

Tesla has not yet announced the price for an FSD subscription.

Tesla’s pricing for both cars and add-on features like FSD have fluctuated, much to the frustration of consumers. The price of FSD doubled from $5,000 at the beginning of 2020 to $10,000 by October. 

Musk has suggested that one day a Tesla with the FSD system will actually make money for its owner through a Tesla-managed robotaxi service. In fact, Musk believes someone’s Tesla could bring in as much as $30,000 when they’re not using it.

Are you interested in an FSD subscription?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not saying people would pay a monthly fee for something that doesn't work yet are you? I mean that would be crazy.

Much easier to forget I paid for FSD and have NOTHING close to the promise years later.

Not sure how long folks will continue paying monthly for something that hasn't doesn't work

Oh yea I ordered FSD on my plaid +. Just blindly stupid I guess!

I will be paying for it with profits from my tesla stock so I can't complain too much.

• Informative
Reactions: run-the-joules
I would hope that those of us who purchased fsd would get it before subscriptions are made available.

Those of us who have purchased FSD are a closed case to Tesla. They got our money and don't have a path to get more from us, so they just pretend we don't exist anymore, until someone makes enough noise to get them to lie to us with something to placate us, so we quiet down, and then they don't follow through because we're quiet again.

You're not saying people would pay a monthly fee for something that doesn't work yet are you? I mean that would be crazy...

That's the same way I thought about raising the FSD to $10,000 or getting the free FSD trial special just to find out that those who took the bite found that the overwhelmingly vast number of owners who have bought the system as far back as almost 6 years ago still haven't got the current "FSD beta" that's only released to limited few.

It's fine to say raising the price or offering the subscription to raise revenue but it's a mistake to base the rationale that those who bit the latest scheme would get the FSD beta "soon".

Looks like sub will coincide with public fsd release:

Screenshot_20210302-193602_Chrome.jpg

Looks like sub will coincide with public fsd release:

View attachment 641503
The choice of words is just a mess for Tesla and Elon. It isn't even remotely FSD and yet it keeps being referred to by the Youtube community, Elon, Tesla and many here as FSD. It is still complete L2 and nowhere near L3 L4 OR L5. We have two Teslas with pre-paid FSD, and another S on order (read we love our Teslas :) but the reports of FSD are just a farce at this point.

Reactions: philw1776
It is still complete L2 and nowhere near L3 L4 OR L5. We have two Teslas with pre-paid FSD, and another S on order (read we love our Teslas :) but the reports of FSD are just a farce at this point.

It seems you haven't read and understood the sae definitions as well. The definitions aren't to gauge progress, only autonomy features. I had a thread about level 5 and whether Tesla could achieve it.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
The choice of words is just a mess for Tesla and Elon. It isn't even remotely FSD and yet it keeps being referred to by the Youtube community, Elon, Tesla and many here as FSD. It is still complete L2 and nowhere near L3 L4 OR L5. We have two Teslas with pre-paid FSD, and another S on order (read we love our Teslas :) but the reports of FSD are just a farce at this point.
FSD is essentially a marketing term now - doesn’t describe anything. We shouldn’t take it literally.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks