Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla furloughs employees and cuts pay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your taxes are paying for Tesla's unemployment claims? Companies pay unemployment insurance tax, shouldn't that cover it?

Based on the financial rescue bill put through the Congress a couple of weeks ago, there are now two parts to UI payments
  • The regular UI pay comes from the State UI fund, which employers pay into. That's typically $300 to $500/wk, and is based on your income.
  • There's an additional $600/wk coming from the US Treasury for the next 3 months or so to supplement the State UI payment.

With the stimulus bill, we're all paying for it.

Happy to help socialize Tesla's losses while they privatize their profits.
Compared to the last bailout that rewarded banks for ruining our economy this is nothing. Allowing the very entities who trashed our economy to double dip by giving them money AND letting them take people's houses is something that should NEVER be forgotten. The smart thing to do would be to present the homeowners with vouchers to pay their mortgage to the banks and keep their homes. Nah, that's too complex. We'll just wire the billions over to the banks and be done with it in an instant all while people... you know, the tax payers... suffered and lost everything they worked years for.

Letting banks foreclose on homes (while themselves being bailed out) is blatant disregard for the taxpayer... the very people who were losing their homes. These people had also payed taxes which were used to reward the lending institution (who was taking their home to settle a debt) that was already being forceably settled through the tax-funded bailout which that homeowner and several others paid through their taxes. Wrap your mind around that for a minute.

The best part is that next to no new regulations were put into place in 2008 to prevent this from happening again.

ah, I look at the financial rescue bill as more of a "prevent the total collapse of the US economy" measure (possibly worth socialized intervention) and less of a "socialize their losses"

but I get the general gist

I feel like Tesla should be able to afford to pay these workers, even if at reduced rates, considering the sales and cash reserves.

I’m ok with the stimulus, but I’d be much happier if we can all just go back to work.
I mean wrecking the economy, depleting the savings of regular folk, how much more damage can people withstand before realizing that covid-19 is just not worth this much trouble

How long are we going to be holed up in our homes scared of the outside world? It’s downright ridiculous. And I say that as someone who works in the trucking industry so I haven’t lost my job, but seeing so many businesses closed and people out of work. Crazy!

I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theory nut but I will say this, the rich will profit off this and the poor will become poorer. And if you ask me, THATS the reason behind collapsing the economy. And that’s why my coworker and I have been pumping massive amount of money into the stock market. To profit just like the rich

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia