Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Garage art / surveillance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a friend of mine take an idea I had and make it a reality. I wanted a nice Tesla logo in my garage but also wanted a concealed camera.

I'm picking it up tomorrow, a beautiful red/black Tesla logo with a DLink wireless camera hidden inside. Picking it up tomorrow.

If anyone knows how to rotate the pics please help, these were taken with his phone and iMessaged to me.

Attachments

• tesla art.JPG
    tesla art.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 390
  • camera close up.jpeg
    camera close up.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 131
  • camera full.jpeg
    camera full.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 189
  • design2.jpeg
    design2.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
I had a friend of mine take an idea I had and make it a reality. I wanted a nice Tesla logo in my garage but also wanted a concealed camera.

I'm picking it up tomorrow, a beautiful red/black Tesla logo with a DLink wireless camera hidden inside. Picking it up tomorrow.

If anyone knows how to rotate the pics please help, these were taken with his phone and iMessaged to me.
Lean your head to the left...

Do you expect ninjas in your garage?

That is very cool, though a visible camera on the exterior of the garage, or even a dummy camera on the exterior might be more effective at deterring theft.

But then again with a camera on the inside of the garage, when you are out of town and have to leave the Tesla at home you can always log in and see, *phew*, the Tesla is still there!

when you are out of town and have to leave the Tesla at home you can always log in and see, *phew*, the Tesla is still there!

BINGO, as my career dictates me being out of town quite a bit. (anyone else have teenaged drivers in the house?)

They might give up on stealing the Tesla and take the nice looking (by the way) wall art as a trophy.

My friend at told me to let him know if anyone showed interest in it (camera version, or not).

Last edited:
What's the point of the camera? To prevent your teenage kid from taking your car out secretly? Seems a roundabout way of achieving that, and you'd have to constantly be watching. Just keep your car keys somewhere he/she doesn't know. If the point is to actually catch them in the act, it makes more sense.

Not really, my wife is a stay at home mom, my daughter drives a leaf and the tesla scares her. The "teenage driver" comment was tongue in cheek (but if my parents had a car like this when I was a kid I know I would've snuck it out). The camera is motion activated and the video is saved in the cloud. Much like dash cams provide fact vs recollection, my garage cam is the garage eyes I can't always have. As an airline pilot, our family often takes trips together and the garage is now included in the home security.