Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Garage (Diagnostics App)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I had my Homelink installed, I got a glance at the Tesla Garage app that the mobile service unit uses to check and diagnose the vehicle. I didn't get a good feel for the navigation of the app but I did notice that the vehicle is basically controlled by an XML file and all of the configuration options are listed there.

From what I could tell, the tech didn't manually adjust the file (it appeared read-only) and that the vehicle was able to check the values (homelink=y or whatever it said).

Has there been anyone that's been able to download this config file? I'm very interested in what's there, how they got it and how the computer uses it.

• Informative
Reactions: Fossil Fool
Have a look at this video:

I think this potentially describes what you are talking about, although it's not the configuration file itself, it's an interface to various parameters on the Tesla CAN bus.

As the description states, there is no easy way to access this yourself without having pretty detailed knowledge and requires a hardware modification. But it has been done!

• Informative
Reactions: 640k
Have a look at this video:

I think this potentially describes what you are talking about, although it's not the configuration file itself, it's an interface to various parameters on the Tesla CAN bus.

As the description states, there is no easy way to access this yourself without having pretty detailed knowledge and requires a hardware modification. But it has been done!
what's the most interesting about this video is that there's a built-in interface to access the settings.

this screen is interesting. it seems to suggest the service center has access here:

a2xtAvw.png

this screen is interesting. it seems to suggest the service center has access here:

a2xtAvw.png
It’s connected to the system they use. They access it from their laptops. They have local and remote connection options.
When I had my Homelink installed, I got a glance at the Tesla Garage app that the mobile service unit uses to check and diagnose the vehicle. I didn't get a good feel for the navigation of the app but I did notice that the vehicle is basically controlled by an XML file and all of the configuration options are listed there.

From what I could tell, the tech didn't manually adjust the file (it appeared read-only) and that the vehicle was able to check the values (homelink=y or whatever it said).

Has there been anyone that's been able to download this config file? I'm very interested in what's there, how they got it and how the computer uses it.
Those configuration options are stored in internal.dat on the gateway in the car.