Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Garage Door Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are moving to our Townhouse in a year, so I want to purchase Automatic Garage door opener so that we don't use the remote control anymore. Now that we live in an apartment and they use rolling codes remote controls, I wonder if the garage door opener works with our current remotes? I've tried the garage door opener built-in in our Mercedes and it didn't work.

Here is the link: Automatic Garage Opener

If it works and people have good experiences, I'll purchase it now instead of waiting to move to our townhouse.

We are moving to our Townhouse in a year, so I want to purchase Automatic Garage door opener so that we don't use the remote control anymore. Now that we live in an apartment and they use rolling codes remote controls, I wonder if the garage door opener works with our current remotes? I've tried the garage door opener built-in in our Mercedes and it didn't work.

Here is the link: Automatic Garage Opener

If it works and people have good experiences, I'll purchase it now instead of waiting to move to our townhouse.

I purchased it and had it installed. They have to take apart a bunch of the front of the car for the install but it gave me a chance to see inside the front (there wasn't much there).

It should work with any garage door opener from the last 10 years or so. Worked with mine first time. Only issue is it only works if that the transmitter is in the front of the car so it's flakey if you're backing the car into the driveway/garage.

In order for it to "pair" with the opener you need to have access to the physical opener to tell it to trust the remote so I can see how the opener in your Mercedes wouldn't work.

Reactions: sokhangoo