Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gatwick SC on Fire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently nobody injured and reports saying it was started in the fuse box room, so not specifically car related. It’s my local SC and they are superb, this is awful. They also often have Roadsters in there too.

Nightmare. :(

Well that's good news in the circumstances. Considering how snowed under the SCs already are, this will likely have a knock-on effect for servicing around the London area.

What's the status of the Gatwick/Crawley service center? It's showing on the Tesla map but it's greyed out. I heard a rumor that last week that it's shut permanently.

Can't answer for "Shut Permanently" but I do know the business and staff were moved over to the Brooklands Service Centre.

That's where all the Roadsters have gone, too...

edit: removed unverified statements on the grounds that better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I stopped by the old service centre today - all boarded up and nothing happening. I presume they are taking the opportunity to relocate to somewhere with a better power supply capable of supporting superchargers. The Greyed out location on the map must be indicative only, it's in a housing estate. Anyone got a clue where they are relocating to - if they are and it's not just the old indicator?

I really hope the indications are correct. Gatwick was a great service centre with really nice, helpful and friendly staff. I used to really enjoy my visits. I hope they'll be back soon. Glad I got my 4 year service done just before the fire. I guess the new (lack of) servicing regime means we won't have so much call on servicing and things like HVAC topup and brake fluid can be done by the ranger service.

I really hope the indications are correct.

I’m afraid not. The position, although I’ve not seen a definitive Tesla communication, seems to be that the current premises are reverting back to the landlord and Tesla will not be there again. The staff have been relocated to Brooklands and Dartford.

There has been a pin in the area for at least 2 years for a Supercharger site. They have never been able to find suitable premises, and the search continues. I’m uncertain whether they will be seeking to have a new Service Centre as well as a Supercharger but certainly for the moment there is nothing to replace the Crawley premises, never mind a Supercharger.

It is very sad, I too have very fond memories of the place.

You would think with all the Model 3s now hitting the market and Model Y coming relatively soon that they would need additional SCs before too long. I do hope this is being planned for and can't help wondering if the recent service schedule changes for S/X have been done purely to free up SC time.

they would need additional SCs before too long

I like the Norway model of a massive central "warehouse" for fixing cars. As I understand it they transport cars there if they are not fixed reasonably quickly at local Service Centre, and use "scale" at central warehouse to have capacity, and skills, to solve problems.

Pity you didn't buy FSD ... your car could drive itself there for Service :p