Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave 1 day to schedule delivery and then cancelled order, contract says we have 3 days. What should I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our Model Y Long Range on 6/16/2021 at 52.5k base price. Estimated delivery was originally September 2021 but they kept delaying at no fault of ours. Finally, estimated delivery landed on late December and we planned a vacation to Colorado at that time so we put it on hold until 1/1 as that was the day that we would return. On 12/2, Tesla emailed us to release hold or they would cancel order so we released the hold on 12/8 expecting a January delivery date. On 12/9 at 7:32 PM, they notified us through text that car was ready and VIN was assigned. We called them on 12/10 afternoon to delay the order due to our prior vacation plans and they told to have someone else take delivery for us and talk to our local sales manager. We emailed and called our local sales manager but he didn't respond. Contract says we have 3 days from when they notify us that car is ready to schedule delivery so we planned to schedule on 12/11 after my son's ACT because we didn't want to stress him out before his big exam. However, at 8:41 PM on 12/10 night, they said to take delivery by tonight or car would move on to next customer. I already was asleep by this time as I had to wake up early the next morning to drop my son for his ACT exam and didn't see the message. By 12/11 morning, within 40 hours of the first notification, we received a text that the car moved on to next customer and our order was automatically placed on hold until April 2022. One week later, they automatically cancelled the order without telling us. When we called, they claimed that they gave us 3 days to schedule delivery and we didn't respond to their messages when we actually did reply to their email notifications and leave multiple messages to our local sales advisor. This was supposed to be a gift for my son to drive to school. Now, he has a parking pass for school but no car and he is very disappointed. What should we do? We have screenshots proving that we had less than 40 hours to schedule delivery and our order was automatically placed on hold on 12/11. We also have proof that we replied to both of their email notifications and that our local sales manager didn't reach out to us or respond to our calls and emails.

There was a user named Sam many months ago in the 2021 refresh waiting room thread that got joy including them honouring his original price. Unfortunately it is thousands of posts ago and I only recall going through it at the time. Bottom line is go visit the store, speak with the Store Manager and if no joy ask for the Regional Manager contact. There are reports of people being told ‘they are not customer facing’ as a blocker but you will have to advocate in person if you want any chance of resolution. If you are on LinkedIn just do a search for Tesla and Jacksonville or Florida and see what comes up. That is how I made contact and once I was speaking with humans directly, it was a far better outcome. Good luck 🤞
Ok, thank you so much

Upvote 0
Hi there, did a super quick search 'Tesla Florida' on LinkedIN and came up with these two people. They appear to be corporate and above the store level. I would get connected to them and start a discussion. Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 6.29.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 6.29.53 PM.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: eeee-meeee
Upvote 0