Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave me $3000 price adjustment on Model X 2020 model, should I be concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all Tesla Motors Club members,

I was looking to buy a new car and started to call dealers (MB, Audi, BMW and Tesla, it happened just 10 days ago). When I called Tesla dealer and I asked about any Model X in stock, one dealer told me yes there are 3 in stock and 1 with $3000 price adjustment (a display model as per salesman). I asked how many mileage on it and he said 17 miles. I just made a deal in 5 mins and agreed to purchase that vehicle at $3000 discount. I did inspect the vehicle before delivery, it had 17 miles and I did not find anything unusual except it was not that spotless clean from inside. I said not a big deal. After almost 10 days I noticed driver side door had scratches on leather (leather little torn at stitches, not noticeable IMO). On top of that one of my falcon wing won't open properly. Should I be worried about buying a model X at 3k discount, I think it was a used car or had some technical problems in the car. Or I am just worried without any reasons?
Thanks

they'll fix the door under warranty; prolly just needs an alignment adjustment.

And yes, the showroom cars had plenty of peeps climbing in and out of the driver's seat, not to mention grubby little fingers all over the back seats. For that you get $3k off.

Reactions: WarpedOne
No need to worry, it's normal. Model Xs notoriously have quality control issues.. display model or not. The good thing is that everything is covered under warranty and with their mobile service ranger program they will come to you to fix most things. Just file a service claim via the app.

Reactions: WarpedOne
No need to worry, it's normal. Model Xs notoriously have quality control issues.. display model or not. The good thing is that everything is covered under warranty and with their mobile service ranger program they will come to you to fix most things. Just file a service claim via the app.
This is a problem -- when "notorious quality control issues" and "no need to worry" appear in the same sentence.

Reactions: Sonus
Hi to all Tesla Motors Club members,

I was looking to buy a new car and started to call dealers (MB, Audi, BMW and Tesla, it happened just 10 days ago). When I called Tesla dealer and I asked about any Model X in stock, one dealer told me yes there are 3 in stock and 1 with $3000 price adjustment (a display model as per salesman). I asked how many mileage on it and he said 17 miles. I just made a deal in 5 mins and agreed to purchase that vehicle at $3000 discount. I did inspect the vehicle before delivery, it had 17 miles and I did not find anything unusual except it was not that spotless clean from inside. I said not a big deal. After almost 10 days I noticed driver side door had scratches on leather (leather little torn at stitches, not noticeable IMO). On top of that one of my falcon wing won't open properly. Should I be worried about buying a model X at 3k discount, I think it was a used car or had some technical problems in the car. Or I am just worried without any reasons?
Thanks

It probably has less range than the current model LR+. Previous was 351 mi. Current is 371 mi range.