Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave my car away to someone else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can tell you is this ... Just driving that Model 3 really whitewashes dang near any sin they can commit. It's THAT good.

7 months ago, my wife was pretty opposed to the Model 3. The words "I hope this makes you happy ..." (because I want nothing to do with it) came across the night before pickup. Not in a nasty way at all; she meant it genuinely, but really wanted nothing to do with it ... it was going to be MY car and she wasn't happy with the idea of having a car she wouldn't be comfortable driving.

Now that her Enclave ate a deer, we have a rental Nissan Rogue in the driveway.

I'll give you one guess which car she drove to work this morning.
OMG I am loving this! Hope its worth the darn wait.

Reactions: dmurphy
I’ve been offered some accessories today to compensate for the situation. Doesn’t make me feel much better as there will still be a long wait but it’s something. They even say this to me now “you have a vin assigned. We are PRETTY SURE it won’t change, it’s unlikely, but it’s
Possible “

they are covering for what happened last time in case it happens again

I’ll never understand this corporate philosophy of setting customers up with vins and “maybe” (in my case definitely ) changing it. Just don’t show us anything until it’s rock-solid 100% going to happen. False hope and misdirection is way worse than silence

Well it's a start, anyway.

Can you post what accessories they offered, or did they let you decide?

It is... it's not perfect, but damn close. If they would just add a 360-degree camera, my wife would be 100% on board.

Ahh man, me too. I have a Bolt, and that 360 degree overhead camera is a god-send for parallel and perpendicular parking. It will be sorely missed.

Other things the Bolt has but Model 3 does not: heated steering wheels, AM radio, CarPlay/Android play, video rear view mirror.

The first two are no biggies. The Model 3 has a great climate control system, and TuneIn can easily supply AM radio.

The second two... well it sucks not having it. CarPlay offers things like Waze that Tesla does not have. The rearview on the Model 3 is not very good. The video rear view mirror gives a wider/clearer view that will never be obstructed by heads in the back seat.

What gets me is that the overhead 360 -should- be available on Teslas. IIRC, Musk even said it has the hardware necessary for it. Why, oh why hasn't it been implemented? Hopefully... V11 will have it.

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: Luso7 and dmurphy
Other things the Bolt has but Model 3 does not: heated steering wheels, AM radio, CarPlay/Android play, video rear view mirror.

SPOT ON. I know this forum is very heavy on ex-German sedan owners, but I remain a GM fan. I think they have some excellent technology, actually. My prior Cadillac had all of the above and a bunch of other safety features that the Model 3 doesn’t. Seat alerts, in-mirror blind spot alerts, night cameras, HUD, etc - in addition to everything above.

Anyone that’s used the rear view mirror camera for anything more than “I saw it in a showroom” knows how effective it is. Even small things like - wiper fluid on the camera lenses - are things Tesla could learn from.

I keep hoping we get - if not a 360 camera - at least the ability to display the front/rear/side cameras at once.

They offered all weather mats, which I didn’t need because I already had bought mats. Then they mentioned a wall charger but they knew I already had installed it in the rush before the fake delivery. I asked for my homelink comped along with some
Frunk/trunk mats they said no. Then I thought - the wall chargers are selling for 600-700 online at a premium because no one can get them (I paid 600 myself because I didn’t have the luxury of time and I needed it installed) so I said just give me one of those and I’ll resell it. They agreed but even told me it would be 2 months!! It’s kind of a joke really - you can’t do anything quickly at this company. My local rep has been very communicative and we discussed this over text so it’s on record.

if you ordered the connector online from home, you would wait two months for the product to ship, and no one would be there to tell you that. You’d be waiting blindly with nothing but an email address to contact that no one answers. I think if I ordered another model 3 today I would get that faster than the wall connector

At least they didn't have you pay for the car in full and insure it. But when you call the delivery center (for the second time), 2 days before expected delivery tell you JUST KIDDING. We're probably not going to transport the car to you like we told you we would in e-mail......

UPDATE: now my SECOND VIN has DISAPPEARED and I’ve been unmatched once again

I don’t understand what the hell this company is doing. Now it just says “estimated delivery: 2 weeks from order placed date”—my ass, two weeks would have been my original order date on my first VIN

maybe third VIN is a charm? Why stress your customers with so much BS and false hope? I don’t get it

They offered all weather mats, which I didn’t need because I already had bought mats. Then they mentioned a wall charger but they knew I already had installed it in the rush before the fake delivery. I asked for my homelink comped along with some
Frunk/trunk mats they said no.

Did they say why they wouldn't do the frunk/trunk mats and the homelink ? Those would add up to a HPWC...

Did they say why they wouldn't do the frunk/trunk mats and the homelink ? Those would add up to a HPWC...
Trust me that’s exactly what I told her. It’s the same value. I think it’s because it’s a service request along with the purchase and their computer probably doesn’t let them comp it or something. I even said “for the convenience of me not having to sell the thing, just give me the homelink and a $70 Mat”. Manager said no.

whatever. In two months I’ll sell the connector for $650. Having lost yet another vin that thing might actually come in faster than the car after all

UPDATE: now my SECOND VIN has DISAPPEARED and I’ve been unmatched once again

I don’t understand what the hell this company is doing. Now it just says “estimated delivery: 2 weeks from order placed date”—my ass, two weeks would have been my original order date on my first VIN

maybe third VIN is a charm? Why stress your customers with so much BS and false hope? I don’t get it

Wow - I'm so sorry you have to go through this frustration. I'm praying your delivery goes smoothly once it finally happens !!

I think this scenario is bullcrap personally. I'd be pissed too. Its one thing to wait a long time and never get a VIN and completely different to be told you have the car and set up a delivery date and then have it sold out from under you. They should have lied at least and said the car was damaged in transport or something.

The wait between the first car I declined delivery on and the second that I ultimately bought I went over the 1000 miles for the trade in. I told them take it at the original cost or I walk again. They kept the original estimate. They have plenty of fluff in the estimate if your trade in isn't a piece of crap. I wouldn't worry to much there.

I think this scenario is bullcrap personally. I'd be pissed too. Its one thing to wait a long time and never get a VIN and completely different to be told you have the car and set up a delivery date and then have it sold out from under you. They should have lied at least and said the car was damaged in transport or something.

The wait between the first car I declined delivery on and the second that I ultimately bought I went over the 1000 miles for the trade in. I told them take it at the original cost or I walk again. They kept the original estimate. They have plenty of fluff in the estimate if your trade in isn't a piece of crap. I wouldn't worry to much there.

thanks - that’s a great nugget of information

I brought that up and they said after thirty days it would have to be reassessed and if it went over 1000 miles it would be reassessed regardless. I know my car has easily 2 grand more in value. I will know to press on that when the time comes

SPOT ON. I know this forum is very heavy on ex-German sedan owners, but I remain a GM fan. I think they have some excellent technology, actually. My prior Cadillac had all of the above and a bunch of other safety features that the Model 3 doesn’t. Seat alerts, in-mirror blind spot alerts, night cameras, HUD, etc - in addition to everything above.

Anyone that’s used the rear view mirror camera for anything more than “I saw it in a showroom” knows how effective it is. Even small things like - wiper fluid on the camera lenses - are things Tesla could learn from.

I keep hoping we get - if not a 360 camera - at least the ability to display the front/rear/side cameras at once.

Neither vehicle I drive has a rear view mirror at all nor cameras. Do folks with 360 degree cameras use those in lieu of mirrors? On the occasions I drive our 3 (rarely) I don't use the camera because it feels weird to direct my attention inboard rather than outside, but that is my personal hangup.

Neither vehicle I drive has a rear view mirror at all nor cameras. Do folks with 360 degree cameras use those in lieu of mirrors? On the occasions I drive our 3 (rarely) I don't use the camera because it feels weird to direct my attention inboard rather than outside, but that is my personal hangup.

Not in lieu of, but as a driver's aid, it's amazing. Much like Autopilot - doesn't replace my Mark I eyeballs, hands and feet, but sure does help!

When parallel parking, there's nothing better than the surround-vision camera. Being able to see curbs, lines and alignment in real time is pretty game-changing.

Maybe less people would be trashing their rims if we could just turn on the side cameras... I realize Model 3 doesn't have a "true" 360 view, but letting me see what is available when parking would sure be nice.

Reactions: woodguyatl
Status
Not open for further replies.