Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave my car away to someone else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you got the update yet? I too have version 9 and a brand new 2020...I haven’t requested a service yet. Annoyed that I don’t have 10.

been trying every trick I read online. It sits in my garage with 3 bars of WiFi. Nothing

turns out the centers can do it, but lie to you saying they can’t which is annoying

Again, product is amazing to drive, but when I buy this expensive of a car, I expect to get catered to a little bit at these service centers. If you can do something, just shut up and do it to make the customer happy. It’s not a good experience to buy a car and find out you’re on a feature set several builds behind from 4 months ago. Just stupid

@Luso7 can you post a picture of the trunk panel misalignment?

Thanks

Happy to, I just am not with the vehicle today. I’ll try to remember tomorrow. I’ll attach a couple I already had taken of frunk and blemishes

it won’t look pronounced in a photo. It’s something you have to see in person and look simultaneously at both sides. It’s especially apparent to the touch more than anything

Yes, This frunk picture is a little off center but if you zoom in and observe the gaps on either side of the frunk, the lid is skewed to the right side of the screen. There are also blemishes near the hood ornament that you can’t see well in the photo, but they are there, likely from someone with a ring opening and closing the frunk if I had to guess.

the trunk was much Worse. The panel jutted out by the tail light, and my delivery coordinator literally could not close the trunk lid. It wouldn’t latch. A service tech had to come out and remove some plastic panels inside the trunk, and then he manually was bending something inside to get the necessary parts aligned. Wasn’t a great feeling. Why wouldn’t they just humor a new customer by taking into service, taking apart a few simple panels and struts, and trying to better align it just for my sanity? I’m not buying a 17k corolla here!

Attachments

• F8BDB28D-2E55-40DB-BA11-B3AD98AD4288.jpeg
    F8BDB28D-2E55-40DB-BA11-B3AD98AD4288.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 113
  • F852676D-CE57-4B58-B289-9B968AC41300.jpeg
    F852676D-CE57-4B58-B289-9B968AC41300.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: dchobo
do you mean you went to Tesla, and they APPROVED going to an official body shop to have covered work? Or you went to the body shop and they somehow got Tesla to pay for it?

My car was delivered with a lot of paint defects, so Tesla Rocklin had to refer me to a Tesla Approved Body Shop for the repairs. At the consult appointment, body shop service advisor immediately noticed the misaligned frunk. She was the Tesla body shop liaison and at the time, they were the only Tesla approved shop in the Sacramento area. Since she worked closely with Tesla, she said she would contact them and tell them the frunk needed alignment. In the meantime, there used to be a Norcalconcerns email for Tesla. I also contacted them around the same time, and she said they would add it to my service profile..

Are they refusing to align your frunk ? Mine really did look like yours. I tried to take pics of it, but the pics really didn't capture how much of an obvious difference there was when looking at it in real life...

they refused to work on my trunk. They said it was “within spec” and said they could be off 3.5mm without needing to fix it. My only choice was to rejected the car. Then I noticed the frunk and the blemishes the next morning when I had daylight to work with.

this is the part that gets me. The inconsistency. The immediate “no, suck it, wait for another Car” attitude that I got the entire delivery process leading up to my appointment and at my appointment.

It was on page one. I didn’t look at the date. I don’t frequent forums but the only other one is my Gators so are you telling me one year old posts are still floating on page one from a year? Lol

Not normally, no. This post wasnt on page one of the forums until you bumped it, but I dont know what software you are using to look at the forums. The last post before yours in this specific thread was over a year ago, and it was buried.

Maybe whatever you are browsing from is displaying the information differently.

Not normally, no. This post wasnt on page one of the forums until you bumped it, but I dont know what software you are using to look at the forums. The last post before yours in this specific thread was over a year ago, and it was buried.

Maybe whatever you are browsing from is displaying the information differently.
What’s the difference anyway? I searched the forum. Maybe I bumped something old and didn’t see it on page 1. Anyway, nice to meet you.

I got my Tesla yesterday and my garage isn’t ready for it and it hasn’t rained in LA in months and so I brought it home. Charged it up. Updated it and have been watching it down poor like I’ve never seen since. Lol. Never even got to drive it yet.

What’s the difference anyway? I searched the forum. Maybe I bumped something old and didn’t see it on page 1. Anyway, nice to meet you.

I got my Tesla yesterday and my garage isn’t ready for it and it hasn’t rained in LA in months and so I brought it home. Charged it up. Updated it and have been watching it down poor like I’ve never seen since. Lol. Never even got to drive it yet.

There isnt much difference. I was just answering your "it was on page one" with " for most of us, no it wasnt, if it was on page one for you, you need to look at whatever you are using to browse the forum".

Reactions: 95gator
Ordered oct 13 a MSM on black long range

I saw a match in stock a few states away, called up my SC, they matched me to the vin. A day or two later, I got the delivery call to set a date. I chose oct 26. All is good. I was hearing horror stories of 6-10 week waits and I thought I just cheated the system.

I notice the Vin I matched is in the source code but not presenting on the site. No worries yet

I rush to get a connector at a premium on amazon because Tesla’s store is unreliable, I rush to get a contractor and permits for the cabling and install (several hours of work) - I changed vacation plans and changed a bunch of registration papers because my wife wouldn’t be available on delivery day. Got all my docs submitted within two days of the delivery date. There was nothing left to do but take delivery.

yesterday I notice a vin has presented on my account, but it’s not the vin I matched to originally. I look it up and it references a 2020 model (my previous vin I asked them to match for me was a 2019). I contact the SC and they say something akin to “don’t do anything because that may go away” —sounds odd they “thought”
something would happen.

today I get a call and they tell me they gave away the first vin to someone else in another state because it was cheaper for Tesla. Then they matched me to a factory vin of a car that isn’t built. Now my wait may be as late as December. They even explained how they used to truck cars but now they apparently rail them because it’s cheaper.

I moved mountains to take this delivery and make myself available to travel, and they just give it away to a random person. Just a heads up for all of you that are taking deliveries of a vehicle you yourself matched at another location. Their algorithm may screw you over

my account still reads the same delivery date oddly - and the rep told me it’s wrong and there is no way we will be getting a car this weekend and to ignore it. Another problem - people can apparently drive hours to a delivery and not even realize there will be no car there if you happen to miss a call or two.

At first they refused to give me anything - I asked if I will lose my trade in value. They said yes if it’s over 30 days from the quote they provided (which it almost certainly will be) I kept at it and they said they MAY give me something and just placated with emotional mirroring which does nothing for me. I lost money and time planning a bunch of variables around a delivery date and your excuse for it not happening is you gave it to someone else. That’s terrible. It’s one thing if “the truck broke down” “the car had damage” — something of a force majeure nature I can comprehend. To just randomly unassign me from a car when I’ve done all this paperwork and hustle to get things ready is really cold.

highly disappointed in this experience
Welcome to Tesla...be prepared for more disappointing post sales experiences (ie They got your money, they dont care!)

Status
Not open for further replies.