Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gen 3 charger issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a model Y and had Tesla recommended people install latest Gen 2 Tesla charger.

after a single 50% charge I keep having it stop charging after every 20 miles of charge.
I lowered the charging amps on car down to 25 amps and it still stops.

tesla support said the charger has a very sensitive resistor that triggers stop if it heats up too much and a new firmware updates it.

I connected charger to internet and no sign there us a firmware update due.

anyone had same problem? And a solution ?

other accuses could be power surges - but I am charging in night using almost 59% of amp capacity of new line. Also ambient temp is 70F in garage.

Top red light blinking 3 times on Gen 3 wall connector. Cuts my current back from 48A to 24A. Started happening to me about a week ago. Installed the Gen 3 wall connector in mid June 2020. First Firmware version then was 0.8.4. It worked beautifully up until last week. My current firmware version is 0.8.58. Was on phone with support this morning. Asked me to send them screenshot of Wall Charger Model #, Serial # and Firmware version as well as a video of the 3 blinking red lights (odd request I thought). Told me I have the latest firmware. Charging at 5kW is useless to me. Paid $500 for charger and $700 for installation. Hoping for a solution fast.