Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gets brodered by UK appeals court over Top Gear lawsuit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter / neilstratford: @mwt2008 @planetf1 Reminds ...

297522_10150357475658973_3115401_n.jpg

I read the ruling, and the gist as I understood it is that there was no libel because, according to the justices, no reasonable viewer would ever believe Clarksen's nonsense. I concur.

And yet, what I don't get, is that they claim to be a "factual entertainment program", and won the TV Choice Award in 2011 in that category. So the courts are completely wrong. Even the Guinness Book of World Records labels it as such. So I guess Guinness is "unreasonable" along with the entire TV industry. Ok, maybe that's true, but that's Tesla's point - most people believe it is factual, and that means most people would believe the lies that were spread, which would definitely make this libel.

I don't see Top Gear giving back either of those awards since they aren't really "factual" entertainment. In the very least, by winning this lawsuit, that's what they should do. This appeal may be Tesla's attempt to make them admit again that they aren't actually "factual entertainment", and maybe this extra press will spread the word.