Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gets warning letter from Transport Department for auto pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use autopilot in the busy city roads and whining about it, what a douche.
Exactly, autopilot is not autonomous driving (at least it is not Elon's intention)! v7 is in beta and it can't even read traffic light signal, and this guy expects the car knows what to do when there is a construction site? You are bring yourself into to danger when you don't read the instruction (ONLY USE IN HIGHWAY). When something happens, this is entirely driver's fault.

Use autopilot in the busy city roads and whining about it, what a douche.

Sounds about right for Crapple Daily. Their "journalists" will tell you they are interviewing you for one thing and then go back and twist it into an article to whine about everything under the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, autopilot is not autonomous driving (at least it is not Elon's intention)! v7 is in beta and it can't even read traffic light signal, and this guy expects the car knows what to do when there is a construction site? You are bring yourself into to danger when you don't read the instruction (ONLY USE IN HIGHWAY). When something happens, this is entirely driver's fault.

Crapple Daily just wants to shovel their crap to the masses who loves to lap up negative news and pessimism. They love to shoot down anyone who tries

What an improper use of Autopilot! That Daily should have pointed out the misuse issue to the mass.

Couple of my friends texted this news to me today. I shared with them my own good experience with V7 and auto steer beta (I did read the note before the activation). At the end, we agreed that the driver(I hope his is a Tesla owner) likely misinterpreted between autopilot(still in Beta) and autonomous drive when tested V7. Feel sorry for the Fruit Daily too as apparently an unfair/unprofessional report. Sadly, my Mom called and asked me to stop using it too....:crying:

Last edited:
These people are just crazy, if you have watch the news, the attitude of the driver is also unacceptable. Well you got the car, you read the disclaimer, but seem you have Paid for an P85D, and everyone else owe him.

Auto Steering is only an assistive tool, doesn't means he can totally hands off. And I've watched another vid on YT yesterday, when the TSLA salesman are testing the AP/AS, they never hands off, just verbally saying they only touching the steering, not hands off. Hence this people are just endangering their life themselves, not the car nor the software.

And action from the TD Department, is just the F* reason why HK would never improve, no innovation, nothing. Crapping government + in-accurate news reports, just helps stop EV being popular and a better environment. Thank you our Dumb Gov.

agree that SCMP is more reasonable.
I went to the service center for minor checkup early this week. The staff mentioned he heard Autopilot option might get banned in HK soon or later. Current owners with this option is lucky. Is this coincidence? I hope it won't happen like the web browser feature.

These people are just crazy, if you have watch the news, the attitude of the driver is also unacceptable. Well you got the car, you read the disclaimer, but seem you have Paid for an P85D, and everyone else owe him.

Auto Steering is only an assistive tool, doesn't means he can totally hands off. And I've watched another vid on YT yesterday, when the TSLA salesman are testing the AP/AS, they never hands off, just verbally saying they only touching the steering, not hands off. Hence this people are just endangering their life themselves, not the car nor the software.

And action from the TD Department, is just the F* reason why HK would never improve, no innovation, nothing. Crapping government + in-accurate news reports, just helps stop EV being popular and a better environment. Thank you our Dumb Gov.

Also thanks to the "those who can't, become a "journalist" and shoot down everyone else who tries to innovate in order to make yourself look smart"

Charged HK are the ones who do that sort of thing.

What at needs to happen is that the HK TD needs to keep out of areas if doesn't understand. There are plenty of countries that have significantly great understanding of vehicles that they do. Keep out!

Wow, I'm surprised they actually were forced to roll back the update, probably the first to happen in the world. And for it to happen in Hong Kong because of a "complainer" (and sensationalist media) is kind of sad.