TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla gigafactory ahead of schedule, but off-track on job, investment projections

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Xpress, Jan 20, 2016.

1. hockeythug

hockeythug Active Member

#2 hockeythug, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Confusing article. Can anybody explain? I notice an correction at the end of the article. The author is just comparing current numbers to the full $11billion project projections?

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

This was discussed a little in the short-term thread, but being ahead of schedule with lower than expected costs is not a bad thing for Tesla. Maybe not ideal for Nevada but Gov. Sandoval doesn't seem too worried about it. They can always make up the difference by extorting Nevada solar owners a little more.

I also question RGZ's objectivity after the trespassing/assault incident.

3. Fallenone

Fallenone Active Member

I agree. RGZ is likely to be biased on this one. Plus, where did that 11b come from? I thought it's more like 5b.

4. pmadflyer

pmadflyer Member

Ignore the article. The numbers used are from the first three quarters of 2015, and are stated as being the total from the entire year, through Q4. Now other sites are citing the RGJ. As mentioned above, there is a very strong anti-Tesla bias after the assault.