Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the Tuscan, Textured, Smooth, and Slate styles of solar roof tiles previously announced by Tesla Energy, the Gigafactory is testing a new "Industrial" style solar roof. The fact that you don't notice any solar panels on the roof of the Gigafactory is precisely why this particular style was developed. It allows factory/warehouse owners to stealthily enjoy the benefits of renewable solar energy in locales where such an implementation may be viewed with suspicion, hostility or disdain. :)
I dont know if you are serious...but I hope so. Stealthy panels has a nice ring to it. Never thought of it as a thing that was needed - until I tried to get HOA permission for my own roof.
As to what is on the GF1- I would anticipate regular roof during this rapid construction phase, to be fitted with State of the Art panels from Buffalo in about a year. But..what if you were serious?

I'm not sure what your question is, but the Gigafactory is producing Model 3 battery packs and drivetrain components. It is not producing Model 3 vehicles.
there are a "boatload" of closely packed parked vehicles. i'm waiting for the "sandbag manouver"
"oh, by the way, since i said only choice of color or wheel size, here's another 1,000+ ....if... someone.....wants.....one"
seeking alfalfa sez there are barely any workers there. if that iz correct........

there are a "boatload" of closely packed parked vehicles. i'm waiting for the "sandbag manouver"
"oh, by the way, since i said only choice of color or wheel size, here's another 1,000+ ....if... someone.....wants.....one"
seeking alfalfa sez there are barely any workers there. if that iz correct........
If Tesla is going to produce a ton of inventory Model 3s, wouldn't it make more sense to hide them inside the warehouses they acquired down the road from the Fremont factory where the cars are made, rather than to ship completed cars stealthily to another state only to leave them out in the open for all to see in the Gigafactory parking lot?

Reactions: 3Victoria and JRP3
If Tesla is going to produce a ton of inventory Model 3s, wouldn't it make more sense to hide them inside the warehouses they acquired down the road from the Fremont factory where the cars are made, rather than to ship completed cars stealthily to another state only to leave them out in the open for all to see in the Gigafactory parking lot?
a tease for the tesla longs to create buzzz with.....perhaps

i asked 4 tesla employees yesterday why are there pictures of the gigafactory with a very large number of vehicles and what were the big light things going on at nite a few days ago. a noncomittal smile was the answer, eh, who knows, i certainly don't
If those were local Tesla store employees, the smiles were likely along the lines of, "Yeah, we saw the same pictures on the Internet and we don't know any more than you do. We'll just smile coyly so as not to give the impression we are either ignorant or (mis)leading you by giving a verbal response that may be misinterpreted or extrapolated."

wow , i am amazed at the gigafactory progress over the last year :eek:

I know that compared to the total size it is peanuts , but just remember how quickly they were able to put up those southern sections.

giphy.gif

For myself and those curious about the daily changes to the gigafactory and other tesla locations i created a tool.

A small sample can be seen 2 post above this one. The website can be used to compare any of 2 dates for which there are satellite images available of the different locations (just Fremont - GF1 and GF2 for now). Using the available slider it is easy to spot what has changed between your selected dates.

It also has a section that hosts monthy timelapses , just July for now but i plan adding previous months when i have the time for it.

Curious ? have a look at Building Tesla