Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Article: Tesla (TSLA) gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month

Today, Electrek learned from sources familiar with the matter that it is offering “a $3,750 credit” for every customer taking delivery of a Model 3 or Model Y vehicle in the US in December.

Tesla communicated to its sales staff that the offer is temporary only for customers taking delivery this month.

This amount happens to be half of the $7,500 tax credit that is going to go into effect next month. Some automakers anticipate their electric vehicles to only be eligible for half the tax credit due to battery material and assembly origin requirements.

I wonder if this means that the 3/Y only qualify for half of the tax credit? Still, a pretty compelling deal even if the 3/Y qualify for the full tax credit.

I just saw it on the inventory website...
There are '23s listed further down the page.

t.jpg

Reactions: ElectricIAC
When I click on details to purchase, it shows "potential savings" which is gas savings.
Nowhere does it show $3,750 credit.
Just shows I must pay order fee of $250.

Last edited:
I didn't know they can do that until 2024?
Is there documentation to your statement?
You have it backwards. You are the one making the entirely undocumented claim that this is a tax credit -- if you want to assert that, please point to the documentation that supports it. The message here only speaks of a credit, not a tax credit, which are very different things.

When I click on details to purchase, it shows "potential savings" which is gas savings.
Nowhere does it show $3,750 credit.
Just shows I must pay order fee of $250.

Tesla replied to my Txt saying I'm eligible and it will reflect in my account within 72 hours of delivery

My adviser told me that it is added automatically 24 hours before delivery for deliveries in December.

I think for deliveries today or tomorrow, it likely won't show up online as yet given that this is recent development but the store personnel should be able to update the account just before one takes delivery.

I speculate -

A credit is generally applied post tax. The tax will likely be calculated on the full purchase price, and then Tesla will take $3,750 off.

My rep told me '24 hours before delivery". I suppose the "within" reference in the above post from a fellow Tesla enthusiast was likely meant as 'prior to delivery'

I asked my SA about it and they said “You will automatically get it if you take delivery in Dec.”
so then I asked well what if finance company sent the loan in and I sent my downpayment, would I get it as a refund?
And they said Yes I would

Reactions: WyoDude