Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla is selling direct, it should be handled as a price reduction, not like a manufacturer rebate. That's best for the customer and shouldn't really cost Tesla any more.

The point is that they won't apply it to current open orders because delivery could be delayed until 2023, when the tax credit would be available. So they'll apply it shortly before delivery.
I am taking delivery tomorrow of a MYLR, I just checked the app and there is a $3,750.00 "Referral Credit" reducing the price. I don't believe it was there before. I had my delivery appointment already scheduled before the credit was given, when I saw the posts about the new discount I expected to have to fight for it since my delivery appointment was already scheduled, thought I'd have to threaten to delay delivery but apparently that wasn't necessary.

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA
This is my first post here. Took delivery of our MYP on Weds Nov 30 because we changed our order from a MYLR that just rolled out of the factory on Mon. SA told us to pick up our car ASAP because it was the last car of our color choice on the lot. Tesla just told us there is nothing we can do to get a price adjustment 🙁

I am taking delivery tomorrow of a MYLR, I just checked the app and there is a $3,750.00 "Referral Credit" reducing the price. I don't believe it was there before. I had my delivery appointment already scheduled before the credit was given, when I saw the posts about the new discount I expected to have to fight for it since my delivery appointment was already scheduled, thought I'd have to threaten to delay delivery but apparently that wasn't necessary.
Are you able to modify your final payment or if not how has Tesla proposed refunding you the balance?

Just got a call from Tesla about this.

They said that there is no way to refund the amount due on my car now that payment in full has been made.

Getting a check back from them is not an option.

My only choice is to fully refund the car, redo everything and risk losing my place in line, or let them adjust the financed amount so that my monthly payments are adjusted.

I'm pissed.

They said that there is no way to refund the amount due on my car now that payment in full has been made.

My only choice is to fully refund the car, redo everything and risk losing my place in line, or let them adjust the financed amount so that my monthly payments are adjusted.

I'm pissed.
Seems like they'd rather cut the check than lose a December delivery. I'm planning to wait for the final price sheet (including referral credit adjustment) until shortly before delivery, and then pay in full when I pick up the car.

I'm pissed.
I was told to expect a check from Tesla within 6-8 weeks after delivery since my payment was already made by the CU

Reactions: Steven_H
I have no idea what you’re on about or why you’re quoting me with this response. YOU said you wouldn’t qualify for the tax credit in 2022. I won’t qualify for it either and view the $3750 as a happy accident. We didn’t even know this existed until a few hours ago.
This is an information page, It’s not just for ”Nija’s”

I hadn't ordered my MYLR as is was waiting for next yr. But received a txt about the $3,750 credit if I would order from stock. Using my Zipcode I found about 8 cars in Atlanta inventory. I chose one and the pro forma invoice shows this special discount. Since I picked one from inventory the car is ready for delivery. For me it worked well as I don't have to wait for any reimbursement. They just deducted it from my price. However many of you with existing orders, waiting for months, will have confirm that the credit will be available to you. I thought it was for inventory cars only. I hope I am wrong. Most of you with previous orders probably locked in a lower price, so either way you win.

The credit only shows up 24 hours before your delivery window

It will update probably when you schedule a delivery date. I pick mine up Monday and it just updated a couple hours ago.

Good to know! Thanks!
I actually replied to the what looks like automated texts and Tesla replied and confirmed it. The 3750 will be given/taken off during day of delivery.

How did you receive your VIN? I would think your SA would've texted you the VIN (in addition to it showing up in your app).

All the text I receive from Tesla looks like automated texts lol. But the latest text said "Your VIN has been assigned. Upload an insurance policy in the Tesla app...". I check the app and I got greeted with a VIN and also had to agree that I won't get USS.

AND all those folks that said Tesla wouldn't lower prices were right. They are offering an incentive instead 😎

The writing must have been on the wall that Q4 was going in a very bad direction. Has Tesla ever offered incentives? I guess that is why they are calling it a "referral credit". Sure seems like an incentive to take delivery in December.
Yes Tesla has offered different sorts of credits/incentives in the past