Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they specifically ask for a banker's check? My EDD is 12/8-12/17, and was planning to just write them a personal check during pick up. I have been buying cars this way for decades so hopefully it's still the same process.
I specifically asked if I can give my personal check. I got standard answer… in that it is clearly noted, “Please note we do not accept personal checks or credit cards (or cash)”

Reactions: Malmon45
Has anyone who had already paid (in full with cash) prior to the discount being announced (but taking delivery in December) been notified if they'll get the discount and how it will be refunded?

Saw for VOIP-Ninja they just credited the financing amount but wondering how/if they would do it if you just paid the whole thing off already but are taking delivery this month

Be sure to ask your delivery guy or gal to apply the discount at the time of sale rather than waiting for a check to come in the mail. It would have impacted how much sales tax I paid when I picked up my car yesterday.
How did you do that? My SA is saying they can’t update the MVPA until day of delivery. Thinking they will try to make it a rebate check to send me 4-6 weeks after delivery. At this point I don’t trust anything he says. Before I set up my delivery day earlier today he said the MVPA would update itself after I set up the delivery day, which was obviously not true. I am not saying they are trying to deceive me, just that they are incompetent. I am not accepting delivery of anything without something physically in writing from Tesla. At this point I am starting to get pissed. I already told the SA on multiple occasions that the MVPA is not legal in MD without a signature and no one has signed. My bank can not issue the check without a signed version.

Even if they charged more for electricity for non-Tesla owners, realistically we’ve paid at least 10-15k more than the car would objectively be worth without the supercharger network (based on basic entry level finishes, no LIDAR/USS, etc).

When you do the math, even if it was 20-40% more expensive, unless you’re driving an insane number of miles every year and charging entirely from the supercharger network, it’s highly unlikely you’ll make back the 10-15k in “savings”. Essentially with more crowded open charging stations, your Tesla has just been depreciated.
$10-15k over? I did not pay that much over. I think the car is worth about 55-60k and that I what I am paying for it! the SC networks near me are not full like CA and there are a ton..Most people were I live don't use the SC.

How did you do that? My SA is saying they can’t update the MVPA until day of delivery. Thinking they will try to make it a rebate check to send me 4-6 weeks after delivery. At this point I don’t trust anything he says. Before I set up my delivery day earlier today he said the MVPA would update itself after I set up the delivery day, which was obviously not true. I am not saying they are trying to deceive me, just that they are incompetent. I am not accepting delivery of anything without something physically in writing from Tesla. At this point I am starting to get pissed. I already told the SA on multiple occasions that the MVPA is not legal in MD without a signature and no one has signed. My bank can not issue the check without a signed version.

I picked up December 3rd. My MVPA updated 2 days before delivery. We then went and changed the cashiers check to the new lower amount the day before delivery.

This was my first Tesla delivery and it was super fast. Just minutes to do the paperwork and then we were out at the car setting up my phone key.

No build issues - and I am very impressed and happy with the car.

A few days before picking up my car I set up plaid so I could pay with an ACH from my bank account. When I was at the service center I checked the Tesla app to see what the total was that I owed. When I noticed that the discount wasn't applied, I let my SA know. That is when the first SA I was working with went to check with the delivery team and then told me I would be getting a check. That is when I commented that the discount needed to be applied before I paid so my sales tax would be reduced. Fortunately, the SA assigned to my delivery heard the conversation and immediately stepped in to let me know he would take care of making sure the discount was applied before the sales tax was calculated. It didn't take more than 10 minutes, if that, for the Tesla app balance to change. Super easy to pay with plaid, even on a Saturday.

Has anyone who had already paid (in full with cash) prior to the discount being announced (but taking delivery in December) been notified if they'll get the discount and how it will be refunded?

Saw for VOIP-Ninja they just credited the financing amount but wondering how/if they would do it if you just paid the whole thing off already but are taking delivery this month
My CU already wired the money even though I asked them not to and send me the check instead :rolleyes:. So now Tesla is saying that I will get a check 6-8 weeks after delivery.

App hasn't updated yet. they said it would be done about 24 hours before delivery which is scheduled for 12/10. so lets see

I am still going round and round with this SA and getting more and more pissed. He will not even acknowledge my banks requirement for the MVPA to be signed as he has yet to even acknowledge that question I have sent to him several times, yet alone give me a single straight answer on how they are going to get my paperwork updated in time for me to the the bank check correct. This is a total joke. Most car dealers are throwing the keys at you and these guys seem to be in kindergarten.

I am still going round and round with this SA and getting more and more pissed. He will not even acknowledge my banks requirement for the MVPA to be signed as he has yet to even acknowledge that question I have sent to him several times, yet alone give me a single straight answer on how they are going to get my paperwork updated in time for me to the the bank check correct. This is a total joke. Most car dealers are throwing the keys at you and these guys seem to be in kindergarten.
My MVPA was signed when I was assigned a vin. I printed it and signed it myself, then sent to the bank. That’s weird yours isn’t as well, as it seems like an auto sign thing.