Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Glasgow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Edinburgh today and they said Glasgow SC would be up and running in 2-3 weeks.
Excellent. Was waiting for this so I can get my condensation filled rear light replaced without having to trek across to the Edinburgh SC. Hope the Superchargers are available as well so I can do some gratuitous charging using my referral allowance before it expires at the end of June.

Excellent. Was waiting for this so I can get my condensation filled rear light replaced without having to trek across to the Edinburgh SC. Hope the Superchargers are available as well so I can do some gratuitous charging using my referral allowance before it expires at the end of June.
From the Original Plan at the top of this Thread it refers to Superchargers as not in initial scope and from driving past there's no sign of them but hopefully in due course they will appear.

Reactions: snafu27
From the Original Plan at the top of this Thread it refers to Superchargers as not in initial scope and from driving past there's no sign of them but hopefully in due course they will appear.
I actually drove over to the Glasgow SC today to have a look, after hearing little recently. Not much has changed visually since I was there in August, but there is a direction sign pointing to various parts of the site, which included an arrow pointing to "Vehicle Charging". So, hope remains. Hopefully, we'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: snafu27
Just had my M3 taillight replaced at the new Glasgow service centre. Tesla staff said it's fully open now, including the showroom. However, the Superchargers have still not been installed.

IMG_2611.jpgIMG_2614.jpgIMG_2618.jpg

Is that a typo. Looks like you typed weeks but actually meant months 🤣

I was gonna pop in this week and see if they allow test drives.
There's a big test drive checkin sign just inside the front door, with a QR code to checkin.

My brother booked a test drive here in June ( and yes, June 2021) and ordered off-inventory the same day. He had his M3 delivered 2 weeks later!

it was perfect timing for me as well since my remaining Supercharger miles were about to expire and this extended my existing miles by another 6 months and added an additional 1000 miles for referring my brother :).

There's a big test drive checkin sign just inside the front door, with a QR code to checkin.

My brother booked a test drive here in June ( and yes, June 2021) and ordered off-inventory the same day. He had his M3 delivered 2 weeks later!

it was perfect timing for me as well since my remaining Supercharger miles were about to expire and this extended my existing miles by another 6 months and added an additional 1000 miles for referring my brother :).
From the original Planning Application it looks like Superchargers were always a Phase 2 Development so I guess we wait and see.

Went this morning to have a nosy about. Even though I told them I’d bought on lease and already had a R/N number the salesman (can’t remember his name but he was young looking) was absolutely fantastic.

They only had a M3 Performance free for me to test drive but had no problem letting me take it out.

Also said it should be 6-8 weeks for my order which (if true) is pretty good.

It was very nice. Strange. The re-gen braking will take a bit of getting used to. Drivers seat didn’t quite go as low as I usually have it but other than that I was impressed.

Not cancelling 🤣
Tesla usually have a quarter end Delivery push in the UK so Delivery is likely mid / late September unless they have Cars matching your spec in UK Inventory which is probably unlikely, 'cos they'd already have sold them. When I got mine in August 2019 they gave me three delivery dates and missed all of them and then gave me 24 hours notice to collect. This was in the early days so hopefully things are better now but you will find that Tesla are a law unto themselves.

I contacted Tesla Glasgow today re any Servicing Requirement for my now 2 year old Model 3 and they confirmed that there is no specific Servicing Requirement.

They also confirmed that there is an intent to instal Superchargers at Glasgow but no confirmed date as yet.

I was in last week and had a test drive, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the sales advisor was brilliant. Has to be said though that i have not really had much luck in any follow up questions that I posted back.

I would like to order a M3 but thinking that I will wait for the MY, that said...... who knows when, who knows how much and also how long it would take to get into the car. Might just order a M3 and get on with it. the practicality of the Model Y is drawing me though.

I was in last week and had a test drive, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the sales advisor was brilliant. Has to be said though that i have not really had much luck in any follow up questions that I posted back.

I would like to order a M3 but thinking that I will wait for the MY, that said...... who knows when, who knows how much and also how long it would take to get into the car. Might just order a M3 and get on with it. the practicality of the Model Y is drawing me though.
I've had my Model 3 for 2 years and have been delighted with it the boot entrance is fairly narrow but it takes my Golf Clubs and Electric Trolley with no difficulty.

What questions did you have that they didn't answer ?