Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Glasgow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the M3P out, sadly I wont be stretching that far, I wanted to test drive the standard range and asked availability. I think that I need to book again as before but the SA asked me to mail, just a misunderstanding on my part i am sure. I also had a question over finance, their original PCP quote was silly and was not competitive but when I went in myself online then it seemed to improve, so I was confused. So nothing specific in relation to the car.

I play in a band occasionally and would benefit from the model Y practicality but that might be the next car after this one due to availability etc.

I was in last week and had a test drive, thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the sales advisor was brilliant. Has to be said though that i have not really had much luck in any follow up questions that I posted back.

I would like to order a M3 but thinking that I will wait for the MY, that said...... who knows when, who knows how much and also how long it would take to get into the car. Might just order a M3 and get on with it. the practicality of the Model Y is drawing me though.
M3 not been a problem for shifting stuff. Good luggage capacity for 4 people to airport. Not bad capacity for tip runs with seats down (have hard boot liner). Bike rack on back works well enough. Dog in hammock on back seat works well. Not going to move to MY. Love the M3P

Merchant City tomorrow - and a couple of hours on one of the street side 7kW should be fine for a safety margin to get home with no other stops..

But generally, often take the motorway from Stirling M80 past the edge of Glasgow onto the M74 south, and that stretch would benefit from another Supercharger.

For the merchant city I'd use the one near the courts on South Portland st and just walk over the bridge, but I'm usually coming from the south.
I'm not too fond of the SC as a location - it's awkward to get to and not particularly on any main route. Somewhere near the M8/74 or 73 junction would IMHO be a better location.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Hey guys, I've been searching the web and contacting various UK/Scotland Tesla related companies for days trying to set up a surprise birthday gift for my buddy to no avail. I found this thread and thought there might be an outside chance. somebody here could help me or at least point me in a direction I've not yet explored.

I have a good friend in Glasgow who is having his 60th birthday in March. He is a huge car enthusiast, so as a 60th birthday gift, I would like to rent a Tesla Model S for a few days/week for him to enjoy. I live in the U.S. so trying to arrange this without his knowledge has, so far, proven impossible. I've seen the various "Track Days" and "Virgin Experience" days available but I would really like for him to get a chance to experience a Model S on the real roads. We FaceTime just about every week and talk about cars and he is more of a luxury petrol car enthusiast whereas I'm always talking about Teslas and other high end electric cars as the ultimate performance machines. So, this would be a chance for him to really experience what I've been talking about.

So, if you have any suggestions please let me know... I would love to make this happen.

Thanks,
John

P.S. Sorry if this post is considered a "hijacking" of this thread. If that's the consensus I'll delete it.

Hey guys, I've been searching the web and contacting various UK/Scotland Tesla related companies for days trying to set up a surprise birthday gift for my buddy to no avail. I found this thread and thought there might be an outside chance. somebody here could help me or at least point me in a direction I've not yet explored.

I have a good friend in Glasgow who is having his 60th birthday in March. He is a huge car enthusiast, so as a 60th birthday gift, I would like to rent a Tesla Model S for a few days/week for him to enjoy. I live in the U.S. so trying to arrange this without his knowledge has, so far, proven impossible. I've seen the various "Track Days" and "Virgin Experience" days available but I would really like for him to get a chance to experience a Model S on the real roads. We FaceTime just about every week and talk about cars and he is more of a luxury petrol car enthusiast whereas I'm always talking about Teslas and other high end electric cars as the ultimate performance machines. So, this would be a chance for him to really experience what I've been talking about.

So, if you have any suggestions please let me know... I would love to make this happen.

Thanks,
John

P.S. Sorry if this post is considered a "hijacking" of this thread. If that's the consensus I'll delete it.
Have you tried here:

Thanks,
John

There is: Ecosse EV - Scotland's Tesla Rental Company
They do Chauffeur driven as well as Tesla Rental.

Other than that Sixt and Enterprise are probably your best bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: init6
Thanks for the suggestion. Online booking showed no availability at any Glasgow locations for the rental period. But I will keep checking back.
It might be worth giving them a call. I know in the past that they've shipped are to my local branch from other branches. They might not be able to do that for Teslas, but worth a call.

Having said that, if you want me to give them a call tomorrow then I can do that if it's easier for you. Just give me an idea of the dates and the part of Glasgow your friend is in and I'll give them a call.