TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Goes the Extra Mile ... To Ensure That We Get Our Miles

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ForeverFree, Feb 21, 2017.

1. ForeverFree

ForeverFree Member

With VINs rolling past 200,000 and 400,000 Model 3s in queue, I've shared other folks' concern that service quality would inevitably suffer. And, that may prove the case in the future, as it already has for some.

However, in the interest of fairness, I'd like to sing Tesla's praises (and especially those of the Van Nuys, CA Service Center). This weekend, I noticed that my HPWC was no longer charging my car. Yes, the red ring of death on the charging port and red blinks of despair on the unit itself. Roadside Assistance picked up promptly and led me through troubleshooting.

The next morning, a national holiday, the SC dispatched a ranger to my house for diagnosis. When the verdict was bleak for my poor charger, they arranged for electricians to install a replacement this evening. All at zero charge. The electricians, from MountainGate Construction, were very pleasant, super professional, did a great job ... and refused to accept a tip.

This is in keeping with my entire Tesla ownership experience. In nearly two years and 30,000 miles, I've had only one minor repair issue (window seal goop). Degradation of less than 1%. Knocking on wood ...

And, when I've needed elective work (dual charger, LTE upgrade, annual inspection, etc.), Van Nuys has been amazing about dropping off a loaner (including a red P85D), picking up my car, etc.

From Roberto Galvez, the first SC teamer I met while first researching my car, to Katie who's helped on many an occasion, to Liz and Jason this time, the Van Nuys folks have been great.

Coupled with Tesla freebies such as 4G connectivity, roadside assistance, Supercharging, etc., Model S ownership, although high cost, has also been high value. I don't mind paying a premium price if that premium gets legitimately put to work in the form of strong warranty accountability, valet/loaner service, etc. And, of course, I still salivate any time I get to drive my car.

So, two thumbs up, and I hope that Tesla will find a way to keep this going in the Model 3 era. (We made two stand-in-line, opening day reservations.)

Keep up the good work!

• Like x 10
  2. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

Nice!

Valet service has gone away here in the DFW area, sadly, but perhaps it'll come back.

Glad you have a good news story!

3. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

That's great to hear! Very high praise!

4. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

#4 Electric700, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Great story, do you have a whole house surge protector? That may help extend the life of the Wall Connector. Here are good ones:

Leviton 120/240-Volt Residential Whole House Surge Protector-R02-51110-SRG - The Home Depot

Murray 20 Amp 6.5 in. Whole House Surge Protected Circuit Breaker-MSA2020SPDP - The Home Depot

5. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

6. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Not to take away from your happiness none of these are freebies. You paid for them in the high price you paid for the car. Other than that glad to see that you had a positive experience.

• Disagree x 1
  7. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Tesla sent a ranger to my house at no charge to handle some items under my extended warranty. I don't have a ranger plan, but because the service center was booked all week, they dispatched a ranger so I would not be inconvenienced. That was really nice of them.

• Like x 1
  8. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

This is how we know Tesla is still operating as a startup, there is no standardization of the service experience. I'm not complaining about my SC, but they've never had valet and have never given me a Tesla loaner. I've gotten Buick's and MBs, but never a Tesla.

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My service center, in Burlingame CA, has never provided me with a Tesla loaner. I think they were always so busy they never had enough loaners available.