Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla .. going downhill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, reread. Tesla is a startup and there are so many anti-Tesla people that it makes it hard to believe those who have no issues whatsoever after X amount of time, considering Musk himself was forced to acknowledge that both repairs, spare parts and customer service has taken a turn for the worse. The fact that people keep using the same blanket excuse that "people only come to forums to complains" proves that. There are TONS of owners posting outside of forums like Youtube, online articles, Yelp!, etc. that have all stated as much...that they are great cars that unfortunately are prone to suffer build quality issues, long frustrating waits for service and poor customer service regardless of locale. Again, it isn't "normal" for owners of cars to 'stockpile' issues so they can all be addressed at once, or "hope" something gets resolved under warranty and not be told that it's normal, up to spec or normal wear and tear.

My point is that it's human nature when you are part of something special or the Next Big Thing to be overprotective and make excuses when issues arise.
The reason we keep using that statement...... just went to the Rav4 forum, most reliable manufacturer, and best selling car.

20200108_120237.jpg

To add to this, one of the cars I considered before ordering the Model Y was the Kia Telluride.
It's Kia's best selling car in a long time, but the forum is a horror show, with current customers recommending to skip the first gen.

Cars coming off the lots with water leaking and shorting electronics etc.

I think you have to buy knowing that 1-5% of production cars could have issues.
At least with Tesla there is the 1-week return policy, which is better protection than others will provide.

Just took delivery of a brand new Tesla MX last month (first Tesla for me) and this may be the most pleased I've ever been with a new car purchase. Are there little bugs and glitches at times? Sure. I fully expected that. I've worked enough with computers to know that patches are needed after new features are rolled out. There is nothing else like this MX on the planet and I love it. The main feature I bought it for was the full self driving. I have to work long hours and while I remain fully attentive while driving, I look at full self driving as just an "extra set of eyes" or a backstop. That function has far exceeded my expectations. It's amazing, so I personally don't get worked up about little glitches.

Just took delivery of a brand new Tesla MX last month (first Tesla for me) and this may be the most pleased I've ever been with a new car purchase. Are there little bugs and glitches at times? Sure. I fully expected that. I've worked enough with computers to know that patches are needed after new features are rolled out. There is nothing else like this MX on the planet and I love it. The main feature I bought it for was the full self driving. I have to work long hours and while I remain fully attentive while driving, I look at full self driving as just an "extra set of eyes" or a backstop. That function has far exceeded my expectations. It's amazing, so I personally don't get worked up about little glitches.

I think the majority who's bought a Tesla are willing to accept the little bumps that come with it. The problem isn't the product, it's the service. From that perspective, Tesla used to be top notch. While I also give them credit as mobile service is good and steadily increasing in volume; anything SC related is absolutely terrible.

It gets especially frustrating as you near warranty, only to be told the nearest appointment is over a month away, followed by an argument that by the time it's looked at; you're over warranty and it's no longer covered.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Harsh.

I was all in until I started reading through the various forums and there is an unfortunate common tone that is developing that lines up with my experience and other Tesla owners in my area so far .. near impossible to contact anyone if you need service or just have questions.

I can't get a response from Tesla even from their online shop ... weeks have gone by .. I get the "we'll get back to you" autoreply but that's it ... It's a problem ... I have three $1100 charges on my card from 1 order and still no confirmation of the order being receive or shipped. I've since re-ordered wall charges to meet my electrician's deadline and they shipped the next day.

I'm a huge Tesla fanboy and it's kind of depressing tbh. I've wanted one for years and finally decided to switch.

Here's hoping that the reflection on the forums is the exception and not the rule.

Don't listen to the forums! Just go for it. Hundreds of thousands of recent buyers can't be all wrong. Tesla's $500+ surging stock price can't be wrong. There is a chance you could get a lemon, but that's a risk with any automaker, but chances are you'll be just fine. And if for whatever reason you're not, Tesla service will take care of it for you. It's just harder to reach them than we'd like, sure, and their availability is spread thinner than we'd like, but they will come around and they will take care of you.

2018 P100D X Owner. Love the car! Best purchase i ever made (aside from the house) Once you go electric,You will never go back.
Tesla gets a bad rep sometimes, but in my experience i dont see it. Ive had my car in for service 3 times, and 1 mobile visit. All were covered under warranty and were minor issues, nothing affecting performance of the car. I also have found myself liking my car more the longer i own it (wifi updates contribute to that). I cant say that for any other vehicle ive owned.

I would highly recommend joining the tesla family. And i feel the X is superior to the other models (but thats personal preference) mainly due to size/comfort, And of course the wow factor falcon wing doors.