Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - great CS turning around perceptions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d have added this to my thread about poor service last week, but it got locked as I couldn’t resist responding in kind to those that turned up in the thread to troll or throw barbs at me. So a new thread it is.

Had a call from Tesla yesterday, unrelated to the issues last week, inviting me to a local event. A really nice conversation and when I was asked how my car was, and gave honest feedback about the issues I’d had with service and comms, I could not have got a better response. Phoebe was keen to explore exactly what had happened and who I’d spoken to and gave some great advice on what to do if ever in the same situation again. Also very apologetic for the bad experience I’d had, but most of all empathetic and with solutions - exactly what was needed.

Where bad interactions and experiences can break a customer relationship, great ones can rebuild it. If anyone from Tesla is watching this forum - Phoebe in Bristol is an absolute credit to your company.

..waiting for the alternative barbs to appear now where those who've had appalling CS experiences with Tesla will now troll you to say how mistaken you are about Phoebe from Bristol ;)

Honestly, this is good to hear and yes, good customer service makes all the difference. All my dealings with Tesla so far have been excellent, but I am aware that's not always everyone's experience.

My car went into Aberdeen SC yesterday for a few bits and pieces of work. The whole process was exemplary. No problems getting an appointment, loan car available even though I didn’t need one, everything and more done to my satisfaction, really good communication via the app throughout the process, and best of all - they didn’t charge me a bean! Well done Aberdeen SC.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Tesla accidently left the wiring to my glovebox disconnected after working on the car. I posted about it on this forum and before I had a chance to call them the next day someone spotted it on the forum flagged it to the service centre who called me first thing and sent the, slightly sheepish, tech who had worked on the car round ( 50mile round trip) to fix it along with some free swag ( cup, umbrella, water bottle)
So they do have their moments

Have you been to the event in Bristol? I’m going on Saturday, I’m on my second Tesla so not needing to buy another one yet, is the event to sell you a car or just to have a look at the new SC and sales area?
Yes I’m going on Saturday as well. Only four months into ownership, so it’s just to have a look around and have some face painting and ice cream (honestly, the last two are for my five year old!).

I was surprised at Cribbs on Saturday to see Tesla out of there and a Polestar coming soon hoarding at the store. Makes great sense for Tesla to move and clever of Polestar to get the same footfall.

Reactions: OfficialMark_H
Yes I’m going on Saturday as well. Only four months into ownership, so it’s just to have a look around and have some face painting and ice cream (honestly, the last two are for my five year old!).

I was surprised at Cribbs on Saturday to see Tesla out of there and a Polestar coming soon hoarding at the store. Makes great sense for Tesla to move and clever of Polestar to get the same footfall.
Thanks for the reply, I shall probably skip the face painting, but might persuade the wife!

• Funny
I’d have added this to my thread about poor service last week, but it got locked as I couldn’t resist responding in kind to those that turned up in the thread to troll or throw barbs at me. So a new thread it is.

Had a call from Tesla yesterday, unrelated to the issues last week, inviting me to a local event. A really nice conversation and when I was asked how my car was, and gave honest feedback about the issues I’d had with service and comms, I could not have got a better response. Phoebe was keen to explore exactly what had happened and who I’d spoken to and gave some great advice on what to do if ever in the same situation again. Also very apologetic for the bad experience I’d had, but most of all empathetic and with solutions - exactly what was needed.

Where bad interactions and experiences can break a customer relationship, great ones can rebuild it. If anyone from Tesla is watching this forum - Phoebe in Bristol is an absolute credit to your company.
If you want to let Tesla know how good Phoebe was, this is apparently the email to do it on: [email protected]

I still need to do that about a chap called Ben on the online chat support (he was the one who gave me the email).

• Love
Had good experiences with Chester on my 3 visits. I’m not a people person so I do love that I can just drop the car off and bugger off around the corner to the nearby retail park. And when you do speak to them, you can work out a sensible approach when there are multiple things that need sorting.

Have a loaner now with a bog standard M3 that was utterly filthy like someone has been off-roading in it, but it is actually a lovely driver that’s convinced me huge rims are crap. Also that I should change away from comfort steering 😆

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I’ve only had my Y for 3 weeks but the process between order and collection was pretty shambolic on every level - car not where I was told it would be. Multiple promised callbacks ignored. Blatant misinformation from agent to agent on when it was ready.

Collection was pretty shocking - a damp tent really with key cards pretty much flung at me and advice etc. Was like processing cattle. ironically, people were queuing up to collect the cars 😆 Don’t see that at Volkswagen.

This is not a cheap car remember. Buying my BMW was akin to being knighted by comparison.

I suppose when you can’t sell your product fast enough, where’s the incentive to go above and beyond (or just level even).

Just telling it as I’ve seen it.

Booked a 2-year service at Nottingham for wiper blade replacement, tyre rotation, filter change, and brake fluid check. All done for £161

Also mentioned a soft knocking sound around the front axle area which they tested thoroughly on a test drive with me and separately. They had the car on the ramp, checked all the suspension and ball joints etc. Rob the technician was excellent throughout.

That's all great but where was my bastard invite to the Bristol shindig, huh? HUH!? :mad:

:(

• Funny