Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Grey or Satin Black Powder Coat Wheels? (pearl white M3)

What color to powder coat wheels on Pearl White M3

• Dark Grey

Votes: 64 50.8%
  • Satin Black

Votes: 62 49.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0562.jpg
Did tints in LA for $275 all around 3M color stable 20%. Back has a seam, but unnoticeable. They told me windshield for $100 but didnt want it because would give cops one more excuse.

OCDetailing got real smart with their early videos of the model 3. They must be making a ton of money now.

Yeah, the videos definitely were a great advertisement for them.

Just got my windshield tinted from another shop for only $150 (OCD wanted $400). Instantly regret it. The windshield is super grainy and has a blue hue to it. They used a "premium" solargard film. Now I'm going to pay to get it removed and go back to OCDetailing.

I like they grey. I just did plasti dip matte black on our Midnight silver X because I feel it's the only Tesla color that grey doesn't work with since I like a contrast and not a washed out look. Plasti dip let me have the option to remove if I didn't like, may do it permenantly in the future but the plasti dip looks great. Can't complain for $30.

Reactions: mrsandman
I'm also in the market. Elite Finish Detailing quoted $1000 which also includes ceramic coating the calipers (?). Let me know if you find a better place.

What is Elite providing for $1k?

They definitely do top notch work, and the owner is a nice guy. My neighbor swears by them and has had all his previous cars down by Elite. His cars being a R8, Huaracan, 570s and possibly his current R8.

any pics of this? thinking about doing this and would love to see the look. thx!

I like they grey. I just did plasti dip matte black on our Midnight silver X because I feel it's the only Tesla color that grey doesn't work with since I like a contrast and not a washed out look. Plasti dip let me have the option to remove if I didn't like, may do it permenantly in the future but the plasti dip looks great. Can't complain for $30.

I've been thinking about this. Nice examples from omar and zackmilo. I'm getting a Deep Blue Metallic performance Model 3 with the 20" wheels. I really like the glossy dark gray metallic color and how it provides just a bit of contrast to the black center caps and the tires. But I'm also thinking about a chrome delete, and wondering if it would make it too busy by adding a third color (blue, black from chrome delete, and gray wheels). I suppose you could get someone to do chrome delete with dark gray as an alternative.

But then part of me thinks it could work really well together to do satin black chrome delete and have glossy metallic gray powder coated wheels on the blue car... Decisions, decisions.

Anyone know who does really good powder coating work on wheels in Orange County, CA?

I've been thinking about this. Nice examples from omar and zackmilo. I'm getting a Deep Blue Metallic performance Model 3 with the 20" wheels. I really like the glossy dark gray metallic color and how it provides just a bit of contrast to the black center caps and the tires. But I'm also thinking about a chrome delete, and wondering if it would make it too busy by adding a third color (blue, black from chrome delete, and gray wheels). I suppose you could get someone to do chrome delete with dark gray as an alternative.

But then part of me thinks it could work really well together to do satin black chrome delete and have glossy metallic gray powder coated wheels on the blue car... Decisions, decisions.

Anyone know who does really good powder coating work on wheels in Orange County, CA?
Just ordered the same and am in the same boat wondering what combination to go with. How many different colors should I really have on the car???

• Informative
Reactions: AtlasReardan

I was thinking of doing chrome delete too! I’m torn and wondering if it’ll clash with the grey rims... one thing I do know is I don’t regret doing the grey wheels. Love the look.

I think grey matches will match the blue very well.

Post pics if you go for it! Blue M3P with 20” powder coated will look amazing no matter what.