Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla guilty conscience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m suffering from the 4kw charging syndrome at the moment, so had to resort to using a supercharger.

I went to look at my account and I have got a 400kw credit.

It was not there last week i was charged normally.

Is Elon saying sorry?

Is it normally a little slow to update? Did my first super charge yesterday & it showed £6 in the car, but history on my account is empty and nothing gone through my bank yet?

No It's normally almost instant.
Having said that I've had a couple of occasions where I haven't been charged. No idea why.

EDIT
Having said that I've had a couple of occasions where I haven't been billed. No idea why.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mr H
I have been working through my initial 400kwh but last week someone who had used my referral code collected their Tesla, meaning their 400kwh should have been added to my account. The referral is listed as delivered on my referrals page. But following a Supercharge on Saturday my remaining credit still reflects only the original 400kwh only. Any ideas?

Usually referral credits are listed in miles/kms. If you are seeing 400kWh then I would think that means you have one of the rare cars that came with 400kWh/year of free supercharging.

My Tesla includes 400kWh of credits annually—how do those work?

Certain Model S and X vehicles sold before November 2, 2018 include annual Supercharger credits of 400kWh, or roughly 1,000 miles. For usage above the complimentary annual credits, a small fee applies to Supercharge. Credits replenish automatically on the anniversary of your delivery or known ownership transfer. Unused credits do not rollover to the next year and you can view your vehicle’s Supercharger credit status by logging into your Tesla Account.