Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla halts center screen replacements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect this UV light is nothing but a rumor just like the software fix, magic LCD lotion, and lucky-charmed heater (a.k.a. IR instead of UV radiation). I cannot find a single engineering or scholarly document that shows UV light can remediate subsurface LCD discoloration. Every case of subsurface computer display discoloration that I can find was fixed in one way and one way only, by replacing the defective screen. I wonder what rumor is coming next... nanotech-bots? Ultrasound? X-Rays? Gamma Rays? Neutrinos?

I suspect this UV light is nothing but a rumor just like the software fix, magic LCD lotion, and lucky-charmed heater (a.k.a. IR instead of UV radiation). I cannot find a single engineering or scholarly document that shows UV light can remediate subsurface LCD discoloration. Every case of subsurface computer display discoloration that I can find was fixed in one way and one way only, by replacing the defective screen. I wonder what rumor is coming next... nanotech-bots? Ultrasound? X-Rays? Gamma Rays? Neutrinos?

I find it hard to believe they are selling cars now with faulty displays. Our yellow screen defect was apparent within about 6 months and they've promised to fix it with no resolution so far.

Do we know of ANY 2019 MY Model S vehicles that have a defective display with yellow discoloring?

Reactions: St Charles
I find it hard to believe they are selling cars now with faulty displays. Our yellow screen defect was apparent within about 6 months and they've promised to fix it with no resolution so far.

Do we know of ANY 2019 MY Model S vehicles that have a defective display with yellow discoloring?

If the alternative is to stop selling Model S/X, I think they very well could still be installing defective screens. They certainly would not be the first auto manufacturer to knowingly sell cars with defective components.

What Irks me the most is the lack of transparency and care from Tesla. I would be willing to bend over backwards if I felt like they gave a *sugar* about fixing this problem for me. I get this is an expensive problem for Tesla to address, but is their problem and they need to own it. This isn't a startup problem, this is operational maturity.

This problem isn't even that hard to address:

1. offer affected owners 1 free replacement before a permanent fix is implemented.
2. extend the warranty on the MCU screen specifically.

This addresses both owners who age/mileage out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty as well as allowing for a quick solution if needed. Jesus Christ, Elon, own the problems you created!

• Love
Reactions: PhilDavid
This problem isn't even that hard to address:

1. offer affected owners 1 free replacement before a permanent fix is implemented.
2. extend the warranty on the MCU screen specifically.

This addresses both owners who age/mileage out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty as well as allowing for a quick solution if needed. Jesus Christ, Elon, own the problems you created!

2 isn't necessary as they have always said that if it was reported/verified before the warranty expired that they would take care of it even if the resolution came after the warranty ran out.

I suppose we could hope that Tesla keeps their word on warranty replacements going forward...

disagree.PNG