Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla has a lot of offline software improvements to make unless they want upset Cybertruck owners

Big Dog

Mar 7, 2016
Irvine, CA
if you are going to do a LOT of off-roading, you need more than Verizon/AT&T as national parks may not have cell service anywhere. My D and he BF figured that out last year when they went camping in Mendocino. (No cell service = no phone, no google/apple maps....)

For that you need a SAT phone with GPS; Garmin makes a popular one.

Reactions: TX_M3P+

Marcia L

Oct 16, 2018
Tucson, Arizona
Thank you for this thread. Interesting things to consider. I have a MX and frequently go off on dirt roads, forest roads. I live in southern Arizona and no Superchargers south of I-10. I worry more about flat tires. How many of you carry a spare and the necessary equipment to change a flat? My one experience with extended no cell service was in the Chiricahua Mountains, se corner of Arizona. I drove in through New Mexico and the clock got stuck on New Mexico time. It did not change when I drove into Arizona, even though there was cell service. In fact, it did not change back to Arizona time until I was almost back to Willcox heading home, dozens of miles from the New Mexico border.

Backpacker42

Nov 1, 2019
Sunnyvale
Tow hook port is in the front bumper. Hook is in the frunk.

Side note: I like the exoskeloton backpack- very old school! I used one of those in college when I use to borrow equipment from our gear sharing club
I've actually had the backpack since the 70's when I was in college. I know about the front tow port. I need to know where to hook if I need to pull from the back. As far as I can tell, my only option would be to buy one of those attachments you bolt onto a wheel.

Backpacker42

Nov 1, 2019
Sunnyvale
Something is wrong with that picture.... it's too clean!!!
But your pup is adorable.

View attachment 561333
That's because most of the road is either granite, or damp - but not muddy so good traction - otherwise I wouldn't chance pushing through without having a place to attach a winch...
p20191004_211438.jpg

Reactions: smatthew

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC