Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla has a lot riding on Model S sedan's success

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder who's this one is. Love the white with the dark wheels. Looks mean!

bu-tesla19_SFC0111666934.jpg

If you read the comments section of the article you can see that we've got a long way to go before the general public understands these cars. All the usual anti-EV crap is there...

Exactly. I love the environmental argument against EVs (one of the comments)

If they were serious, they would be making an affordable car instead of sports cars. And by the way, the amount of destruction caused to rainforests in South America to get the precious metals needed for these batteries is not sustainable. I hear they have to scrape off the topsoil and clear the land/trees to get at this metal. This is a joke.
from people who don't care about the environment anyway. Tesla certainly does have a lot riding on the Model S but it's going to take a long time to reach people like that.

Tesla does have a great deal riding on the Model S launch: A bright future, or oblivion. The specs are good (300 mi, 4.4 sec, 10-90 kW charging, $50-100k). It will all ride on the Quality, Reliability, Durability of the first cars, and customer support. Followed by the marketing effort to bridge the early adopters chasm.

It was the same for SpaceX's first Falcon9 launches. There is reason to believe that the Model S will be just as suscessful.

GSP

Tesla does have a great deal riding on the Model S launch: A bright future, or oblivion. The specs are good (300 mi, 4.4 sec, 10-90 kW charging, $50-100k). It will all ride on the Quality, Reliability, Durability of the first cars, and customer support. Followed by the marketing effort to bridge the early adopters chasm.

Tesla may never advertise until they go full mainstream. Amazon, Google Facebook don't do traditional advertising much. WE are the ones that will make Tesla successful.

Best comment!
0dbf34ee-8a72-48bf-adef-9a8ddaba6ebb.Small.jpg

Name withheld

SMac2

11:12 AM on June 19, 2012
[FONT=verdana !important]I liked Tesla better when they were making records like "Mechanical Resonance." All this electric-car nonsense is just a distraction...let's get back to the rock and roll!

[/FONT]

I