Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla has fired dozens of employees at Gigafactory New York after a new unionization effort was launched this week, according to a new complaint.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bloomberg reports on the complaint:

In a filing with the US National Labor Relations Board, the union Workers United accused Tesla of illegally terminating the employees “in retaliation for union activity and to discourage union activity.” The union asked the labor board to seek a federal court injunction “to prevent irreparable destruction of employee rights resulting from Tesla’s unlawful conduct.”
Jaz Brisack, a Workers United organizer working on the Tesla union drive at Giga New York, commented on the terminations:

“This is a form of collective retaliation against the group of workers that started this organizing effort. The terminations are designed to terrify everyone about potential consequences of them organizing, as well as to attempt to cull the herd.”
Arian Berek, a Tesla employee who was one of the organizers and was among those terminated Wednesday, commented:

“I feel blindsided. I got COVID and was out of the office, then I had to take a bereavement leave. I returned to work, was told I was exceeding expectations and then Wednesday came along.”

Tesla disputes this, and provides evidence that the 4% of employees fired had poor reviews, were told they would be fired if they didn't improve, and then were fired when they didn't improve.

Looks like these pro-union types tried to time their PR campaign to make it look like Tesla fired them for union organization, and that's not true. Also, apparently only ONE person fired was in the group trying to organize a union.