Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla has labeled my new inventory car 'used'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. I have another "new" car. It does have everything you mentioned.

Just the car that I bought as "demo/floor model" doesn't have that. I believe if you have a CPO/used car or you are a second owner, it would display that way.
Since you have another car, I would use it to escalate the issue. When my Model 3 order had problems before delivery, I used the escalation form for my Model S to get the issue resolved.

What kind of error or message do you see when you try to buy the extended service agreement?

Have you tried submitting and executive escalation? It might take a few days to hear back but at least you could submit your issue right away and not have to wait on hold only to find the person can't help you.
No error message, just no provision for warranty, which the Tesla person on the phone at the time said was not there because I bought a used car and I was ineligible. I just submitted an executive escalation, but I much prefer talking to somebody on the phone for urgent issues like this because now I have parked my Tesla and am back in my BMW and Porsche rides to keep from going over the mileage limit. I think there is a 1,000-mile grace period, but I don't trust Tesla on this now.

If I were in your situation (as you've described it), I'd go to your favorite and/or nearest service center with all of the car's paperwork and ask to speak to the service manager about this. Polite but firm, all that kind of good stuff.

Bruce.

EDIT: Sorry I missed the "350 miles away" part of a previous post.

Last edited:
Service Center is 350 miles away - not an option - so will go back to website.

I would schedule an appointment via the website or mobile app a month out or so. In the description, summarize your problem as concise as possible, and say you'd like to get this resolved without a physical SC visit. One or two weeks later, call up the service center and 'press 2 for the status of your car in for service' (or something like that), and then ask to speak to the service manager to help resolve your problem without a visit (you should be able to purchase the ESA over the phone with your credit card). If you still get nowhere, cancel the scheduled visit and repeat.

Reactions: r0xx0r