Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla has not registered the car and temporary tags expired.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my temporary tag/plate expired, I called the main Tesla number and they sent a message to the location where I picked the car up (outside my state for me). I got an email late that same day from someone at that location with a PDF attachment that contained a new temp tag, I printed it and stuck it over the original tag with clear packing tape.

The same thing happened to a coworker that got his car a couple of weeks before mine, but he was just driving it with an expired plate. I told him what I did, he did the same thing and also got a PDF emailed to him with a fresh expiration date.

We both got our real plates a few weeks later, both leased cars if that matters.

• Helpful
Reactions: InDaClub
Almost happened to me too. I did not receive my license plate 2 months into the ownership. I called DMV to find out why they are not sending me the license plate. They told me Tesla did not pay the fees. I reached out to Tesla and they told me to send them the loan doc (they should have asked me for this when I took the delivery). Once I did, I guess Tesla paid the fees and gave me the license plate number in 2 days and the DMV sent me the plate shortly after.