Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla has now had my car in Service for longer than I had it in my possession...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey -- at least you have a loaner tesla. I ended up driving a minivan rental (telsa paid, but still) for 20+days while they dealt with my Model Y heater.
Yes exactly. None of the service centers in my area even offer loaner vehicles, just Uber credits. When I needed body shop work done I drove a crappy rental Chevy Malibu through insurance that I pay extra for. When I had a
BMW, all my loaners were the cheapest models (3 series, X1, etc).

I don't need to go that far with it, it's just a brake caliper in the end. Besides, lemon law isn't a thing up here. I just want them to toss in some supercharging credits or something.

And if there's a way to get the loaner out of chill mode... Besides consecutively going through 4 digit pin numbers lol

Have a backup plan (for whatever you plan to request) as the Service Center may not have the ability to authorize supercharging credits. That may be reserved for the sales side and need to get pushed up the chain. I dont know that for a fact, but would suggest you have something else in mind. Thats why I mentioned the wall connector, which is a part that many service centers tend to have and something they could likely "comp" you with an on site manager approval.

Its not like you can push for oil changes or something (lol), so have another "thing" in mind beside supercharging credits, so you are not sitting there going "ummmmmmm..........." (lol)

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
Have a backup plan (for whatever you plan to request) as the Service Center may not have the ability to authorize supercharging credits. That may be reserved for the sales side and need to get pushed up the chain. I dont know that for a fact, but would suggest you have something else in mind. Thats why I mentioned the wall connector, which is a part that many service centers tend to have and something they could likely "comp" you with an on site manager approval.
That's a really good thought.

Make a list, start out with what you really want, and then go down in price. Hey, who knows, you might end up with a really cool Tesla ball cap! ;)

You'd be surprised at how many of those loaner cars are locked in Chill mode with a PIN code of "1,2,3,4" or all of the same digit, ie, 1,1,1,1 etc.

Not saying that you should do such a thing, though.... just sharing a little... um... info. ;)
I totally didn't spend about an hour trying likely codes and repeating numbers and other things like that..... including the last digits of the phone number for the service center and the sales center etc lol

• Love
Reactions: Phlier
hey -- at least you have a loaner tesla. I ended up driving a minivan rental (telsa paid, but still) for 20+days while they dealt with my Model Y heater.
I bet that minivan accelerates around the same as this Model S in Chill Mode.... It's somewhere around a 7-8 second 0-100 km/h time. Lame.

Yes exactly. None of the service centers in my area even offer loaner vehicles, just Uber credits. When I needed body shop work done I drove a crappy rental Chevy Malibu through insurance that I pay extra for. When I had a
BMW, all my loaners were the cheapest models (3 series, X1, etc).
I live 170 kms away from the service center in a town that doesn't have Uber. I know they give Uber credits for people actually in Toronto, but that wouldn't have worked for my situation.

Its not like you can push for oil changes or something (lol), so have another "thing" in mind beside supercharging credits, so you are not sitting there going "ummmmmmm..........." (lol)
I'm not sure what else to ask for honestly. I have a wall connector that I purchased and had installed before taking delivery of the car. At this point, I just want the car back for me to enjoy and for the family to be terrified to be driven in lol. Supercharging credits would be awesome, but after a day to cool down, I won't be upset if I just get the car back when they say I will.

Reactions: jjrandorin
If this is a situation that you chalk up to more than a minor irritation, you have my sympathies because every day life probably frustrates you.

It's a defective part. It's being covered under warranty. They appear to be communicating the status appropriately. You have a loaner.

You might look at it another way. When you get your car back it will only take a couple of weeks before you get to create a new post along the lines of "I've now had my car longer than it was in for a warranty repair."

Reactions: TexasTezla
If this is a situation that you chalk up to more than a minor irritation, you have my sympathies because every day life probably frustrates you.

It's a defective part. It's being covered under warranty. They appear to be communicating the status appropriately. You have a loaner.

You might look at it another way. When you get your car back it will only take a couple of weeks before you get to create a new post along the lines of "I've now had my car longer than it was in for a warranty repair."
I really don't understand why people here are being so pissy about this.

When you purchase a car from a company, you should be able to drive it for more than a week without having to send it back to service for 2 weeks for a brake caliper. It just grinds my gears that I'm sitting here not able to enjoy the car that I just dropped $98,000 CAD on because of a factory defect.
That being said, I love Tesla. I love the company, I love the product and I'm going to be over the moon when the car comes back.

People who have to personally attack someone because they have a difference of opinion are a-holes in my opinion. Welcome to that group. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Reactions: m a x i m u s
Yes, you 'should' but sometimes things don't work out like that. You are, in my opinion, quite lucky to get a loaner and I am sure you will get, at the very least, quite a few SC credits!

I ordered a factory BMW and it arrived not in the spec I asked for. I had to wait 16 weeks to get a replacement...it happens...

People who have to personally attack someone because they have a difference of opinion are a-holes in my opinion. Welcome to that group. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Apparently you and I can be roommates as it appears we're in the same "group".

I don't consider it a personal attack to recommend that someone chill out. If it's taken that way, my apologies. At the very least, we might be able to agree it's somewhat less than calling someone an a-hole.