Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Has Released the Roadster Service Manual on their Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the market for classic cars in Hong Kong?
Pretty healthy. There are a couple of classic car clubs + shows. Values seem to hold well, but you don't see many on the actual roads (garage queens for collectors).
Perhaps it would be worth snapping up a few of these cars that are rotting in HK or are HK real estate costs so high it is too expensive to store them until they become truly valuable?
^this. Land costs are crazy here, and nobody has the space to store them.

The user manuals and toolbox articles are downloadable as pdfs, the disclosed R&D documents as zip-files. Interesting stuff there on alerts to name one thing. There are also hardware details like schematics and pcb layouts. I haven't seen all of this in the wild before. The info under the service-information heading is all html and javascript so it would be an exercise in web scraping to download it.

Fortunately, this would be impossible. Like any old car, however, keeping them on the road will continue to get harder though.
Tesla has a dedicated service point ([email protected]) for them since they recognize the Roadster is the only legacy people can see for the company. Many people are happy and relieved when I tell them our 2018 Roadster is still doing well on its 1st battery.

Good luck getting a response from that email address. I've sent several emails with radio silence. I have received a response to some, but not others. Hit or miss.

The user manuals and toolbox articles are downloadable as pdfs, the disclosed R&D documents as zip-files. Interesting stuff there on alerts to name one thing. There are also hardware details like schematics and pcb layouts. I haven't seen all of this in the wild before. The info under the service-information heading is all html and javascript so it would be an exercise in web scraping to download it.

What about using a tool like sitesucker?

Reactions: int32_t