TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla has removed any way to contact support from site

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by merlin337, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:54 AM.

1. merlin337

merlin337 Member

For a company that want's to do everything online and has very spread out and overbooked service centers you would think they would have a way to chat or communicate online to resolve issues which don't need a service center. Well Ive been trying for an hour and I can't find any way to talk to anyone at Tesla support.

I just feel this is going to kill Tesla. I like my car (except for the wipers which are atrocious) but I am very worried what is going to happen when my car inevitably needs service. I live 4 hours from nearest service center. I may have made a mistake going with Tesla. They don't seem to care much about their owners after they get their purchase.

• Like x 3
  2. blckdmp

blckdmp New Member

3. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

Agreed re: getting someone to talk to.

If you schedule an appointment through the app, you will get the option for mobile service.

I am 90 miles from a service center and have mobile service scheduled for tomorrow (to install the Homelink).

4. Puddles

Puddles Member

They seem to be throwing their resources at scheduling service through the app. I hope they find success with this.

I will say that in general this has worked well for me. So far in a year of ownership, my model 3 has had service for:
    - steering wheel replacement (manufacturing defect)
    - windshield
    - broken 2 gen charge adapter
    - preemptive “body controller “ replacement
    - plugged washer nozzle

The windshield was done by a private shop.
    The body controller was done at SC, satisfactory experience.
    The charge adapter was eventually replaced by the SC after much bungling and misinformation.
    The steering wheel and washer nozzle were replaced by a ranger, very convenient.

• Like x 1
  5. Matsayz

Matsayz Member

Goto Tesla.com and login to your account. Then hit the hamburger button on the top right, then Support, then scroll alllll the way to the bottom where it says Contact Us.

Tesla SSO – Login the link directly to the Contact Us page

or use the app for the support you need. What is the issue you’re having?

6. DirtyT3sla

DirtyT3sla Member

tesla.com/support still has an email option, but unfortunately it looks like they removed the hidden chat option :/

7. buddhafist24

buddhafist24 Member

If you go to, tesla.com/support/contact), it has the chat icon.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. merlin337

merlin337 Member

My autowipers don't wipe even when windshield completely saturated and Im blinded. I went to Contact Us. There is no way to actually contact Tesla. That is my issue.

9. merlin337

merlin337 Member

I've done that. There is no chat icon.

• Like x 1
  10. buddhafist24

buddhafist24 Member

I just copied and pasted that link and it showed up. I think it needs the ")" at the end.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. Sherlo

Sherlo Member

#11 Sherlo, Dec 4, 2019 at 7:51 AM
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 7:59 AM
    Missed the "auto" part. Yeah, I dont see the chat either

12. NedH

NedH Member

I don't see the chat icon on that web page when logged in.

13. buddhafist24

buddhafist24 Member

I'm not logged in when I've tried.

14. Stach

Stach Member

I've had zero luck seeing the chat button, when I've tried over the past 5 months, and I had no luck when I tried using the link above, UNTIL I included the ")" at the end of the URL....and to my surprise, that worked!! Thanks for the tip! It take a few second for the Floating Chat button to show up, but it did.

• Like x 1
  15. slave0418

slave0418 Member

#15 slave0418, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:44 AM
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 8:58 AM
    Use this address: tesla.com/support/contact), copy and paste (make sure copy " )" at end of address{Stupid but that is how it is.} , do not click on it., Chat icon is on right.

• Helpful x 1
  16. diamond.g

diamond.g Active Member

Wonder how long this bug will last...

17. mftpdx

mftpdx New Member

Hi guys,
    This is my first post. I've been reading tons of posts on this forum which has made so much more impatient waiting for the Model 3 I ordered few weeks ago.

Back to the topic - support page.

I want to point out to everyone that there 2 pages mentioned on this post are actually quite different in layout and content. Just open them in 2 different browser tabs.
    - tesla.com/support/contact
    - tesla.com/support/contact)

I compared the code for the 2 pages and they have quite a bit of code that's different. What makes me believe that the ../contact) page is the new one is a code reference I found in it:

<body id="page-support-contact%29" class="html not-front logged-in no-sidebars page-support page-support-contact support-new_deisgn with-wrapper inventory_match_enabled i18n-en superregion-north-america" >

If you guys wonder how such an important page goes missing just look how the developer misspelled new design.
    Who knows, they might have a reason for having 2 support pages, but I doubt it.

In any case, the chat feature works because I got a rep to answer the question about the wiper in about 20 seconds.
    I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll be fixing this anytime soon, although the guy who chatted with me said it will forward it to their IT group.

Cheers.

• Like x 1
  18. SO16

SO16 Active Member

Scheduling through the app has worked well for me.

19. angelman

angelman Member

Second service schedule through the app. My last software update got stuck. I requested a service appt and they just pushed a new update to me the next day (with accompanying text message). Later I had to ask about collision damage. Again just put in request via the app along with some photos. Maybe 2 days later I got a very helpful and polite phone call with a price for a replacement part (the damage was light and they could see what needed to be done from my photos). I thought it was very efficient.
    Where Tesla support really is a problem (lack of chat or long phone wait times) is when like a guy I met at a supercharger, got locked out of his car as his phone was locked in the car and the key card was not working. Had he found a phone to call Tesla he could have waited 30-40 minutes just to get through. He didn't know he could just login via the app on my phone and unlock the car.