TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla has tons of S85s in CPO stock

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Buddyroe, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Buddyroe

Buddyroe Member

When I looked about 2 weeks ago, they had 159. Today, I checked and they have around 250. So obviously a ton of trade-ins recently. I'm thinking this will cause a significant drop in the price of the old standard (non dual drive) S85s. Already, they are priced in the low 50's. I think with the excess inventory, lower demand for non-AP/non dual-motors, and the psychology of the new year making every car a year older, these CPO S85s will drop to mid 40's very quickly.

That's my hope anyway!

• Like x 1
  2. bharned3

bharned3 Member

I would hope so too..

3. kwjayhawk

kwjayhawk Member

I still have pdf print outs of 85s going for 43-45k. Not a lot of options on those but it was about year ago. Wish they'd come back.

4. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Wonder what will happen when these 85s cost about the same as a bare bone Model 3 by the end of the year. :)

5. apples23

apples23 Member

I think the sudden influx of cpo inventory is a product of the free supercharging deadline. Anyone who was considering upgrading their existing MS to one with some of the new tech likely rushed to do it, which created an increase in cars being traded in. I know that was certainly the case with the cpo I just purchased as well as the other 2 that I was looking at

• Like x 1
  6. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Yes, after Jan 15 the value of older cats goes up, unless Tesla takes free Supercharging away from cpos?

7. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

That and the AP2 hardware. There were a number of people waiting for that to come out.