Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla has tons of S85s in CPO stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I looked about 2 weeks ago, they had 159. Today, I checked and they have around 250. So obviously a ton of trade-ins recently. I'm thinking this will cause a significant drop in the price of the old standard (non dual drive) S85s. Already, they are priced in the low 50's. I think with the excess inventory, lower demand for non-AP/non dual-motors, and the psychology of the new year making every car a year older, these CPO S85s will drop to mid 40's very quickly.

That's my hope anyway!

Reactions: kwjayhawk
I think the sudden influx of cpo inventory is a product of the free supercharging deadline. Anyone who was considering upgrading their existing MS to one with some of the new tech likely rushed to do it, which created an increase in cars being traded in. I know that was certainly the case with the cpo I just purchased as well as the other 2 that I was looking at

Reactions: Owner
I think the sudden influx of cpo inventory is a product of the free supercharging deadline. Anyone who was considering upgrading their existing MS to one with some of the new tech likely rushed to do it, which created an increase in cars being traded in. I know that was certainly the case with the cpo I just purchased as well as the other 2 that I was looking at

That and the AP2 hardware. There were a number of people waiting for that to come out.