Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hate - I hope v9 Dashcam feature is always on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to be insensitive... but...

How is this automatically labeled "Tesla Hate"? I could see if, for example, the words "Tesla sucks" or similar were scratched in the paint - it could be considered "Tesla Hate". This, however, could be the work of an upset ex-spouse/mate, or just some bratty kids... Is it possibly just coincidence that it is scratched on a Tesla? Who knows...

Regardless... this is really sad, and I feel terribly for the owner of the M3!

DnUhiP9W4AAOLCi.jpg

Funny many of the replies are about Tesla enabling the cameras like a dash cam.

Just go out and buy the dash cam?

I predict the next set of complaints -
- dash came does not upload all video to the app all the time for free.
- doesn’t save enough days of recordings
- motion detection is too sensitive/ not sensitive enough.
- camera resolution is to low
- it’s a safety feature, it should be free and Tesla should pay for the bandwidth.

- it’s a safety feature, it should be free and Tesla should pay for the bandwidth.
yep i have a nice dual dashcam that's wired to always stay on... thinking about also getting the interior 360 degree cam as well...

@Anzir is probably on point. Next complaint will be that the dashcam isn't in color...

I keep hearing that the front AP camera is monochrome. Either way, I'm happy with my always-on Blackvue. It even audibly tells you if it thinks the car was impacted during parking mode, which is usually the case when I'm washing it.

the video it transmits to autopilot is in monochrome, but the cameras may be/or may be not capable of color recording.

I keep hearing that the front AP camera is monochrome. Either way, I'm happy with my always-on Blackvue. It even audibly tells you if it thinks the car was impacted during parking mode, which is usually the case when I'm washing it.

From this post I believe its monochrome+red.

AP2.0 Cameras: Capabilities and Limitations?

So it can differentiate some color, but it's not going to do nearly as well as an RGB camera.