Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hater: I Don't Have the Energy to Deal w/ This Right Now; Can Anyone w/ Time & Energy Comment/Refute?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife & I are big Tesla fans. We got our Model 3 in 2018 and we have a Cybertruck on order.

The Tesla hater is my own brother. He is a "redneck" Az rancher. Unfortunately, he spews a lot of Tesla hate to many, many people via FB. After I refute this particular FB post of his (below) (hopefully with your help), I intend to have no further contact w/ him. Anybody up to it?

Thanks for any help!

ericahole1 name removed.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: El joe and glide
My wife & I are big Tesla fans. We got our Model 3 in 2018 and we have a Cybertruck on order.

The Tesla hater is my own brother. He is a "redneck" Az rancher. Unfortunately, he spews a lot of Tesla hate to many, many people via FB. After I refute this particular FB post of his (below) (hopefully with your help), I intend to have no further contact w/ him. Anybody up to it?

Thanks for any help!

View attachment 693209
Why don’t you do your own dirty work?

Are you really the type of person who feels the need to label their own brother a redneck and cut off communications with them over a Facebook post that is critical of…cars? Seems incredibly petty to me.

Well, there are reasons why I cannot "do my own dirty work" right now. Never mind; I thought the community might review what my brother actually sent, and have some actual refutations to it.
If not, so be it. Maybe in a month or so I'll be able to do my own research.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
If you wanted a bit more energy "fanaticism", you likely should have posted this in the energy, environment and policy subforum, not the technical one:

Discussions there tend to be more around "the environment" and such, and draw out more of what it appears you were looking for. With that being said, from the outside looking in (because I dont know you, nor your motiviations), its a pretty strange request.

Your request boils down to something like this:

"My brother says some stuff about EVs that I dont believe, but I dont want to research myself to dispute any of his claims. I want someone else to do this for me, so I can copy / paste their response as my own, then never talk to him again".

It just sounds ..." strange" on a number of levels. You would have been better off not mentioning any of that "I want you all to do my research for me" stuff, and just said ( in the energy forum, not this one ), "my brother says this stuff about EVs that I dont believe in, but I am not sure how to refute him. Anyone have some quick bullet points I can go look into?" or something.

Well, there are reasons why I cannot "do my own dirty work" right now. Never mind; I thought the community might review what my brother actually sent, and have some actual refutations to it.
If not, so be it. Maybe in a month or so I'll be able to do my own research.
“Reasons” like you’re lazy? You have the stats in his post. If you want to refute them do some leg work.

Something else is up here.

Reactions: ZilWin and El joe
The quickest and easiest way is to post on there, asking him for citations of the data. Make him validate it. All he is, is reposting a smear campaign post. He is a rancher in AZ. So (profiling here) he probably leans to the right? If so, ask him why he is just reposting #fakenews with no data to prove his post right, just like the lib media would do.

That exact same post popped up in one of my FB groups (gun group), and it wasn't long before fellow "rednecks" were pouncing on the poster for sharing smear posts with no cites.

"I like Tesla so I am gonna never talk to my family"

My hero, sheesh
some family members are simply not worth the time.

being related by blood only goes so far.

(not speaking from personal experience; but I understand that some families have radically different views and I dont agree that people should be forced to get along simply by blood ties; if the divide is too great, then dont spend time with them and avoid them. nothing wrong with that at all. again, life is too short to be spent in the company of morans).

The Tesla hater is my own brother. ... After I refute this particular FB post of his (below) ...

I respectfully submit you are wasting your time agonizing over refuting his representations. You will have the same success should you try and engage a "flat-earth" believer or a person who claims we did not land on the moon. There will always be a "yeah, but" response to anything you say.

Rich

Thank him for helping to keep Tesla demand down so others can buy,
OEMs can catch up with their own electrics/hybrids,
Oil companies keep paying customers.

Change/help where you can, try not to worry too much about what you can not.

Would be great if anyone could figure out how to stop US war machine from killing women & children and other innocents.

I think I need to apologize here, and I also recommend that people refrain from posting while in a angry mood. Sorry. But there are reasons why I asked for help. I'll not get into that.
The brother has posted about forcefully reinstating you-know-who; about "overseeing" (on site) election venues in his state and other states; he has guns and has fun shooting dynamite for target practice.
I'm sorry again that I got so pissed off and I won't ask for help in the future. I can deal with it.

• Love
Reactions: Brando