Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hates Nevada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow RayK! Where did you find that info? Thanks a million! I'll be traveling south in January. I hope Tesla has it working by then.
Plugged Ely, NV into the Supercharger Find Us page, deselected everything that is NOT Supercharger or Destination Charger and zoomed out.

Note that you should understand that the "Target Opening Date" is like the EPA gas consumption for ICE; your mileage may vary.

What the hell, Tesla? It has been over 3 years since I first posted this issue. STILL there is no way drive North-South through Nevada in a Tesla. You also can't drive East-West on Hwy 50. I travel 4-6 times per year from Vegas to Twin Falls and always have to go far out of the way through Salt Lake. Now the Ely, NV charger is delayed again till who knows when in 2024. Please, for the love of God and country, PUT IN SOME CHARGERS!
<vent over>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 3.03.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 3.03.25 PM.png
    560.5 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: SSonnentag
What the hell, Tesla? It has been over 3 years since I first posted this issue. STILL there is no way drive North-South through Nevada in a Tesla. You also can't drive East-West on Hwy 50. I travel 4-6 times per year from Vegas to Twin Falls and always have to go far out of the way through Salt Lake. Now the Ely, NV charger is delayed again till who knows when in 2024. Please, for the love of God and country, PUT IN SOME CHARGERS!
<vent over>

I have the same issue every time I want to drive north to visit family.

The first map is what I want to be able to drive vs. the second map, what I'm forced to drive because Nevada is hated by Tesla.

Attachments

• 18h21m1168mi.png
    18h21m1168mi.png
    625 KB · Views: 24
  • 19h41m1301mi.png
    19h41m1301mi.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 24
We had a similar issue from Boise to Reno, where there wasn't a supercharger between Winnemucca and Boise. Well, there were a few CCS ones if you had an adapter and accepted 50kW charging and if they were working. Tesla put in 8 superchargers in McDermitt, NV which makes the stretch possible. Not getting one in Ely is puzzling...since Ely is MUCH bigger than McDermitt. Hopefully Ely is not like Mountain Home ID, which has had "target opening" for the last few years and always keeps getting pushed back.

We had a similar issue from Boise to Reno, where there wasn't a supercharger between Winnemucca and Boise. Well, there were a few CCS ones if you had an adapter and accepted 50kW charging and if they were working. Tesla put in 8 superchargers in McDermitt, NV which makes the stretch possible. Not getting one in Ely is puzzling...since Ely is MUCH bigger than McDermitt. Hopefully Ely is not like Mountain Home ID, which has had "target opening" for the last few years and always keeps getting pushed back.
Indeed puzzling as no one can cross the middle of Nevada in any direction. It’s been over 4 years and I still have to detour through Salt lake 4-6 trips a year.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Tesla's data must not show a lot of usage. I know its a chicken and egg situation but there aren't enough people telling Tesla they want to make this drive.

There is a Tesla factory in NV so the state doesn't hate them that much. But it also hasn't been expanded to full capacity so maybe the state is sad about lost tax revenue.

Another thought, how much power is available where there aren't any towns? With Tesla needing 750kVa for 8 stalls, that could eliminate a lot of possible places.