Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla have updated m3 on website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or is the plug in car grant no longer included?

upload_2021-1-16_14-34-32.png

Sure my same spec March 2020 spec was sub £40k.

Having placed an order on the 2nd Jan, I have no idea what will turn up in terms of the revised door cards. They were the original ones when I ordered, but we know from the 2021 refresh that people ordered pre-refresh cars and ended up getting 2021 cars.

Reactions: ringi
Having placed an order on the 2nd Jan, I have no idea what will turn up in terms of the revised door cards. They were the original ones when I ordered, but we know from the 2021 refresh that people ordered pre-refresh cars and ended up getting 2021 cars.
Who really gives a s@*t about door cards?

I mean I certainly care about being told that I received the refresh. Which is partially correct considering I have the de chrome and new centre console. But it does throw into doubt the speculation around even some of us thinking we may have received the heated steering wheel etc etc. Nothing is certain now I guess. I’m more curious around the extended range that has been quoted

I mean I certainly care about being told that I received the refresh. Which is partially correct considering I have the de chrome and new centre console. But it does throw into doubt the speculation around even some of us thinking we may have received the heated steering wheel etc etc. Nothing is certain now I guess. I’m more curious around the extended range that has been quoted

I’m guessing you are new to Tesla right? They have always had a policy of continual updates rather than discreet model years. In fact the M3 “refresh” was quite a rare occasion where multiple updates got released at the same time. Door cards obviously missed that cut. So did heated steering wheel by the looks of things. I’m sure something else will change in the next 12 months. It doesn’t matter to me.

AFAIK Tesla didn't sell earlier cars as a "refresh" version. They just updated and added various features in the way they normally do. We all started referring to this as a "refreshed" version. I think the new website info as of now is the only Tesla acknowledgement of changes to the spec so what you got before might be regarded as a bonus? People ordering from now on could justifiably complain if they didn't get all the advertised changes but maybe not those who got the changes early.

AFAIK Tesla didn't sell earlier cars as a "refresh" version. They just updated and added various features in the way they normally do. We all started referring to this as a "refreshed" version. I think the new website info as of now is the only Tesla acknowledgement of changes to the spec so what you got before might be regarded as a bonus? People ordering from now on could justifiably complain if they didn't get all the advertised changes but maybe not those who got the changes early.
Only going by what I was told by Tesla etc upon my test drive. I only bought my car on the 31st December. No earlier than that. Was sold to me as a 2021 refresh I am new. And am getting the way that they must do it. Not the end of the world just annoying I haven’t even been able to drive my car more than ten miles as I’m currently covid positive and haven’t left my bed for a week :confused:

Only going by what I was told by Tesla etc upon my test drive. I only bought my car on the 31st December. No earlier than that. Was sold to me as a 2021 refresh I am new. And am getting the way that they must do it. Not the end of the world just annoying I haven’t even been able to drive my car more than ten miles as I’m currently covid positive and haven’t left my bed for a week :confused:

Fair enough. We find that the Service Centre staff themselves often barely know any more than we do about what's coming and what's included! The concept of the refresh seems to have coalesced from disparate components added bit by bit but finally now seems to be a clearer complete set of changes. (Small changes were made prior to this as well but they never got a name!) It seems like you've got much more important things to be worrying about at the moment! Good luck for a rapid recovery.

Tesla's cars are continuously "refreshed" as they see fit. My Feb 2020 car has dimming wing mirrors that slightly later cars do not have.
Mine didn't get the bag hooks in the frunk although the spaces were there. I fitted them myself.
Early SR+ cars had fog lights but mine hasn't.
In the same way, purchase options are enabled/disabled (especially on the SR+) depending on stock levels

I assume a lot of refreshes are phased in as cost saving and build improvements. The door cards will have been phased in to the 2021 model as stock was used up.