Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla have updated m3 on website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure people know this but the heated steering wheel on the MX has seams so I’m not sure about the relevance of seams or not on an M3 wrt heating

This is true. There is certainly no technical issue in combining heating with seams on the covering. I think it's more a case of the odds of there being 2 separate steering wheel updates close together i.e. stitching on one update and then heating on another.

In any case, I have the new seamless wheel and no sign of any heating at this moment. So only chance of heating is if it hasn't yet been implemented in software, which is quite possible. Do I really care? Well my MX has a heated wheel and I do use it in winter, but not a big deal with a pre-heated cabin. I switch it off as soon as I'm driving as it gets too hot for my liking. The Model 3 blows warm air literally straight through the steering wheel, so even less of an issue.

I found this website that shows a couple of videos of the new MIC Model Y. They seem to have the new door cards that are coming to the M3 too, this is the first time I’ve seen them in the flesh and not just on the configurator.
I think they look good and have more depth to their styling than the rendering on Tesla configurator would suggest.

What do you think?

1st Look At The Made-In-China Tesla Model Y

Attachments

• EA78CEA7-B94C-487C-BAFE-6A21AF23125B.png
    EA78CEA7-B94C-487C-BAFE-6A21AF23125B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • 816500C9-B54C-49B9-AEE1-3645662811A2.png
    816500C9-B54C-49B9-AEE1-3645662811A2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
I bet we find that the haters are the people who haven’t got it and feel it makes their cars a little more obsolete. See above
I've got a black interior on order and think these new door cards are pretty ugly, the woodgrain runs in the opposite direction to the dash, and the glossy surround doesn't suit my eye either. Was planning on getting the dash wood wrapped in alcantara anyway, now I might just switch to the white interior so I don't have to deal with trying to get the door cards wrapped too!

Taste is subjective.

I like the wood on the door cards. My car is having both door cards replaced by Tesla next week due to transport damage. I’m hoping they put the wood ones in as they’ve been waiting ages for the parts!

Yep, definitely subjective.

Personally I already think that Tesla's wood in the M3 is awful, so more of it is a big thumbs down for me.

I'm more concerned about the new steering wheel coming to the S & X. Those wheels are fine with a racing setup when you're a half-turn lock to lock, but in the real world I expect they're going to be an absolute nightmare - particularly with the ill-advised move of the indicator control onto the wheel.

Is it possible that the interior design department is now entirely made up of six year olds? It certainly doesn't look like anyone who can drive is involved.

Reactions: Yachtsman
Tesla have updated the M3 configurator and added Enhanced Autopilot for £3400.

Does make one think hard about whether the extra £3400 for FSD actually gets you anything in the UK!

I agree. I'm pleased they've reinstated EAP. At that price it is something I will consider in the future if they ever iron out the bugs. Full FSD pricing was a no-no.

It will be interesting to see how they price it for post-delivery installs though. Presumably going to be something like £5k/£5k. Maybe not so good.

Who on Earth would pay £3400 extra for traffic light response, or anything in "upcoming" given Tesla's track record?

You get everything that matters in the UK with just the EAP option.

It will be interesting to see how they price it for post-delivery installs though. Presumably going to be something like £5k/£5k. Maybe not so good.
Interestingly (or not), they've removed the text that says that pricing is subject to change and may go up, etc.

I'm still on the free trial (new car) for Autopilot. I can't say I like it - it's not relaxing at all, I feel on edge with it on. Besides that, I enjoy driving, not being driven. Adaptive cruise control is great though and it's as far as I want to go.

That aside, I can't help feeling Tesla are creating a rod for their own back with FSD, EAP etc. The Tesla buying public already measure panel gaps with micrometers - they expect technical perfection. FSD/EAP is never going to be perfect.

I bought FSD, but I can't really recommend it to anyone who is on the fence. I only bought it because I wanted the car to do everything that it was possible for it to do, but as it turns out - at least in Europe, and possibly for some time - what it can do is negligible above and beyond what the car can do as standard, and especially compared to EAP as it has been released today.

In the States they've got the cars driving around unaided (FSD beta) for long distances, Summon works from some distance away and the car moves spiritedly. I would absolutely feel happy about paying for FSD if I was living in the States, I think. There is nothing to indicate that FSD beta, let alone actual FSD will be coming to Europe in a reasonable timeframe.

In the UK pretty much the only thing FSD is meaningfully useful for - is auto lane changing and keeping AP enabled, which is now included in EAP. Summon is hopeless in the UK, you have to be in touching distance of the car for it to work at all. You can't even call it a party piece because it's almost guaranteed not to work at all when you want to demo it. When it does work, the car moves at a glacial pace and is hopelessly skittish, partly I presume because you have to be standing on top of the car for it to work.

Autopark? I've used it once and to be fair it worked perfectly, but I was pretty anxious about it kerbing the alloy. It only works with parking spaces I would actively choose to avoid myself though (i.e. boxed in on both sides). It doesn't work at all unless it has two cars to park between.