Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla have updated m3 on website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough. We find that the Service Centre staff themselves often barely know any more than we do about what's coming and what's included! The concept of the refresh seems to have coalesced from disparate components added bit by bit but finally now seems to be a clearer complete set of changes. (Small changes were made prior to this as well but they never got a name!) It seems like you've got much more important things to be worrying about at the moment! Good luck for a rapid recovery.
Thank you for your well wishes. Certainly the worst I have ever felt.

Reactions: MrBadger
Learn something new every day! I wonder when they removed and re-applied the premium because I’m pretty sure it was on my original reservation way back in 2017 and was on my very recent late 2020 order
I recall pondering it for days, really liked the white but the only conundrum was how they'd fare against my two young kids, not the price, so eventually played it safe and went with black.

IIRC there was a brief period where you couldn't order the white seats, then they became available again, yet at a premium (beginning of 2020). Guess that was in response to their popularity.

I recall pondering it for days, really liked the white but the only conundrum was how they'd fare against my two young kids, not the price, so eventually played it safe and went with black.

IIRC there was a brief period where you couldn't order the white seats, then they became available again, yet at a premium (beginning of 2020). Guess that was in response to their popularity.
I wish I could have chosen white interior. It only came back today as an option. Not sure when it had disappeared

If I was being harsh I’d say nothing has really changed. You got the car you were happy to pay for when you ordered it.

Tesla seems to change things constantly one way or the other, on a fairly regular basis. Dimming wing mirrors came with the 2019 car, disappeared with the 2020 one, and came back again with the Q3 2020 car. I ever recall the white interior disappearing and then being reinstated within a few days after someone tweeted Elon asking for it (I’m not even joking). Silver wheels on the Performance vanished overnight and never came back. An entire model of Model 3 - the M3P- (a sleeper Performance) existed and then ceased to be.

I had said elsewhere on here that the heated steering wheel was reportedly delayed until December, and didn’t make the cut for the refresh, and that turned out to be correct. It’s even possible it’s still not being supplied, even today, as the UK Tesla website doesn’t explicitly mention it in the interior spec, and the China one does. At least one 2021 owners on here has said that they’ve got the “no seam” steering wheel, but no heating.

The only thing you’ve lost, maybe, is a tiny bit of depreciation, but since that’s front loaded anyway on any new car it’s probably negligible, if it exists at all. Plenty of people will prefer the old door cards, I know I do. If you are really worried I’m sure they will be a drop in replacement, if you want to retrofit them.

Hope you get better soon, you’ve still got a great car :)

Reactions: Zakalwe

The white seats actually wear really well. Had them in our MX for 3 years and they still look great. So ordered them again in my wife’s M3. I consider them a Tesla trademark that really differentiates them from all the other black/grey/cream interiors on the market.

If I was being harsh I’d say nothing has really changed. You got the car you were happy to pay for when you ordered it.

Tesla seems to change things constantly one way or the other, on a fairly regular basis. Dimming wing mirrors came with the 2019 car, disappeared with the 2020 one, and came back again with the Q3 2020 car. I ever recall the white interior disappearing and then being reinstated within a few days after someone tweeted Elon asking for it (I’m not even joking). Silver wheels on the Performance vanished overnight and never came back. An entire model of Model 3 - the M3P- (a sleeper Performance) existed and then ceased to be.

I had said elsewhere on here that the heated steering wheel was reportedly delayed until December, and didn’t make the cut for the refresh, and that turned out to be correct. It’s even possible it’s still not being supplied, even today, as the UK Tesla website doesn’t explicitly mention it in the interior spec, and the China one does. At least one 2021 owners on here has said that they’ve got the “no seam” steering wheel, but no heating.

The only thing you’ve lost, maybe, is a tiny bit of depreciation, but since that’s front loaded anyway on any new car it’s probably negligible, if it exists at all. Plenty of people will prefer the old door cards, I know I do. If you are really worried I’m sure they will be a drop in replacement, if you want to retrofit them.

Hope you get better soon, you’ve still got a great car :)
Absolutely I still love the car. It’s a simple case of that feeling or I know as soon as I buy it this will happen. I plan to try a couple of retrofits as long as it’s oem stuff just as j have done on my Audi rs5. What’s the deal with the no seam steering wheel?

I assume these new door cards are because Tesla determined that everyone universally liked the wooden dash on the black and would like some more?

It would seem that Tesla are spending the cost savings they are having from ongoing manufacture on unspeccing rather than bringing down the purchase price.

Absolutely I still love the car. It’s a simple case of that feeling or I know as soon as I buy it this will happen. I plan to try a couple of retrofits as long as it’s oem stuff just as j have done on my Audi rs5. What’s the deal with the no seam steering wheel?
The “no seam” steering wheel is what people are deciding is the sign of the car having a heated one, based on the fact the latest Model Y and MIC Model 3 have it. Older cars had a seam at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel.

It seems to be a bit of a leap of faith, because there’s been an owner of a 2021 car who has said they have no seam on their steering wheel, but no heating function.

Only going by what I was told by Tesla etc upon my test drive. I only bought my car on the 31st December. No earlier than that. Was sold to me as a 2021 refresh I am new. And am getting the way that they must do it. Not the end of the world just annoying I haven’t even been able to drive my car more than ten miles as I’m currently covid positive and haven’t left my bed for a week :confused:

Ouch! Hope you get over the COVID soon. Definitely more of a worry than Tesla door cards!

FWIW I don’t think the new trim adds anything to the interior. Makes you wonder why they bothered changing it?

Reactions: Adopado
Tesla change stuff on a whim. I happen to think the extended wood is discordant, not least of which because the grain doesn’t flow. It’s also kinda weird to have on the door, I think.

With the white interior you’re losing quite a sizeable part of the door done in white.

Tesla change stuff on a whim. I happen to think the extended wood is discordant, not least of which because the grain doesn’t flow. It’s also kinda weird to have on the door, I think.

With the white interior you’re losing quite a sizeable part of the door done in white.

All the other changes they made had some obvious reason, but not this one. The original centre console certainly had its critics, but I don’t remember anyone complaining about door card design on this car.

Reactions: Adopado
The “no seam” steering wheel is what people are deciding is the sign of the car having a heated one, based on the fact the latest Model Y and MIC Model 3 have it. Older cars had a seam at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel.

It seems to be a bit of a leap of faith, because there’s been an owner of a 2021 car who has said they have no seam on their steering wheel, but no heating function.

I’ll check mine as I have a feeling it might be seamless. Certainly not heated at this point, unless they haven’t implemented it in software yet. That would be nice

If you have a seamless wheel and are on 48.30 (maybe earlier) you could try sticking the drivers heated seat on, and see if that turns the steering wheel heater on (red steering wheel icon on the fan interface). Not sure if that’s what triggers it but I think so.

You might even have the option to turn the heated steering wheel on, if you have it, independently from this screen.

98F611B0-0D1F-4920-B803-8FB2CB9D5069.jpeg

If you have a seamless wheel and are on 48.30 (maybe earlier) you could try sticking the drivers heated seat on, and see if that turns the steering wheel heater on (red steering wheel icon on the fan interface). Not sure if that’s what triggers it but I think so.

You might even have the option to turn the heated steering wheel on, if you have it, independently from this screen.

View attachment 628354

First post - whoohoo!

I'm sure there are plenty of mechanics around. Why can't someone just open up the car and work out whether there is a heated steering wheel in there?

My refresh LR has no seams and no heating on the steering wheel.

The original range of the SR+ pre this website change was 267 wtlp but it was only estimated. Could it simply be the results came in at 278? I checked the us tesla website and thats still showing 263 epa but again still estimated. Makes sense to me considering the LR and performance have not had range changes.

Reactions: subsy and ringi