TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Heaven - Paramus, NJ

Discussion in 'Model S' started by UMD86, Jan 27, 2015.

1. UMD86

UMD86 Member

I have to tell this story. The other night around 9pm I was leaving NYC and was a little hungry. Shake Shack just opened a new place on Rt. 17 in Paramus so I decided to head over there in my Tesla is to get a burger. I realized Tesla opened a new LARGER Sales/Service Center so I decided to use the Supercharger for the first time. So, I got my Shake Shack Burger and Fries to go and drove across the highway to the center. As I drove into the lot there were over 50 Brand New Teslas in the parking lot!!!

So I'm there eating my AWESOME and INCREDIBLE Shake Shack burger, recharging my Model S and looking at all of these new beautiful cars!!! I was in HEAVEN!!!!

I'm not sure if Tesla is building inventory at their sales centers or if those 50 cars were reserved. Either way it was great to see that many cars in one place.

2. cwave1

cwave1 Member

Pictures or it didn't happen. :smile:

Maybe you were dreaming!!

3. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Did you walk around? Were they S85, 60s? P85D would be custom orders and maybe a few inventory. Also, could they have begun putting trade-ins out for the certified program?

4. UMD86

UMD86 Member

It was 10 degrees outside. I did not walk around the lot.

5. rpavlicek

rpavlicek ***** Neophyte

You put food in your car? Ack!

(Yes I'm crazy, but we've never had an ounce of any food inside the car cabin since the first day we picked up our Model S. All food storage goes in the frunk!)

6. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Some people have posted (speculated) before these are used trade-in cars that Tesla is holding for when they have the CPO program up and running.

7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Food and drink are verboten in my car, including me.

8. Atebit

Atebit Member

A couple of months ago when I was as the Devon PA SvC, I noticed that there were a number of cars on the lot with new car stickers on them. At the Raleigh showroom you're lucky to see one or two awaiting delivery. There were way more than that in Devon, but not 50. :)

9. AndreyATC

AndreyATC Member

I'll add picture for OP
    I was charging there a few days ago
    Lots of Teslas on parking lot

Attached Files:

10. PlanB

PlanB Banned

11. UMD86

UMD86 Member

Thanks Andrey for posting the picture that a poster thought I was lying! :) Actually that's on the NORTH side of the center. There's a SMASHBURGER in the background. Good burger but Shake Shack is the BEST.

12. toto_48313

toto_48313 CAN P #5

I was there too on January 18th, and was surprised by the large number of cars on the parking lot.

13. scottm

scottm Active Member

All those cars look the same. Different shades of dark.. and some white ones.

14. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Mmmm... spoiler looks good on white.