TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Tesla Hire in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by mystery_missus, Feb 19, 2016.

1. mystery_missus

mystery_missus New Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Hi everyone,

My partner is absolutely obsessed with Tesla. He already has an electric car and is saving up for his dream P90D. His birthday is fast approaching, and I can't quite afford to buy him one myself, so I'd love to hire a Tesla for him to experience (and for me for to see what all the fuss it about!).

We're from QLD and there aren't any showrooms up here so I'm planning a long weekend in Melbourne, and was hoping there would be Tesla's for hire, given more have been sold down south.

Unfortunately, all my Googling hasn't revealed anything, other than a Tesla Limo in Sydney or a Tesla Uber in Melbourne. I would love for him to actually drive one, even if only for an hour or two, but it's looking like a test drive is going to be the only option. I was hoping you guys (the experts!) would be able to help me out with any other information/recommendations? He comes on this forum regularly so I'm trying to keep things pretty vague so he doesn't suspect anything, but any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!
  2. paulp

paulp Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Adelaide, Australia
    I can assure you that a half hour test drive will make his day! Maybe call the guys at Richmond well in advance and book in the most incredible automotive experience that is available at the moment.
    Also, lease rates are currently very low via tesla. When you allow for the fuel and servicing costs, you might be surprised at the real cost of ownership.
    Plenty of good restaurants on Church Street too, and if you like furniture shops its a dangerous place to be.
    You can call Robert if you need a pickup in his tesla 0432600594. Top guy. Just mention a tesla owner referred you.
  3. alpal

alpal Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Is that you Mary? Oh I hope so...
  4. moemoke

moemoke Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Moe, Victoria, Australia

And yes yes book well in advance, late last year at Richmond there was a 3-4 week wait for a Saturday
    test drive, a bit less during the week. Not sure if it's the same at Chadstone shopping centre,
  5. Keiron

Keiron Member

Dec 9, 2014
    #5 Keiron, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016