Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hire in Melbourne?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

My partner is absolutely obsessed with Tesla. He already has an electric car and is saving up for his dream P90D. His birthday is fast approaching, and I can't quite afford to buy him one myself, so I'd love to hire a Tesla for him to experience (and for me for to see what all the fuss it about!).

We're from QLD and there aren't any showrooms up here so I'm planning a long weekend in Melbourne, and was hoping there would be Tesla's for hire, given more have been sold down south.

Unfortunately, all my Googling hasn't revealed anything, other than a Tesla Limo in Sydney or a Tesla Uber in Melbourne. I would love for him to actually drive one, even if only for an hour or two, but it's looking like a test drive is going to be the only option. I was hoping you guys (the experts!) would be able to help me out with any other information/recommendations? He comes on this forum regularly so I'm trying to keep things pretty vague so he doesn't suspect anything, but any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

I can assure you that a half hour test drive will make his day! Maybe call the guys at Richmond well in advance and book in the most incredible automotive experience that is available at the moment.
Also, lease rates are currently very low via tesla. When you allow for the fuel and servicing costs, you might be surprised at the real cost of ownership.
Plenty of good restaurants on Church Street too, and if you like furniture shops its a dangerous place to be.
You can call Robert if you need a pickup in his tesla. Top guy. Just mention a tesla owner referred you.