Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla hires Audi’s Senior Director of Production to build the Model 3 program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exactly the kind of hire they need to really get things moving, good work Tesla. We may actually see production happen on time if they attract quality talent. Word about the M3 has spread and I bet there are going to be some executives with the foresight to see where everything's headed and make the move.

Nice recovery, following the story about a week ago that two manufacturing execs were no longer with the company.

Go Tesla!

It's not really a recovery per se, it's been in planning for a while. Elon mentioned it was going to happen in the Q1 call. There might have even been a non-compete waiting period so this might have been in the works for months.

It's not really a recovery per se, it's been in planning for a while. Elon mentioned it was going to happen in the Q1 call. There might have even been a non-compete waiting period so this might have been in the works for months.
So thats the new VP of production position taken care of. I wonder who they will be hiring for VP of manufacturing. Probably find out soon...

Ah, British. MG's were constant problems (and not to mention positive ground) as were Jaguars. Land Rover was strangely hit or miss with the Defender being fairly bullet proof and others a litany of gremlin problems.
Well Lucas had it's problems, but Marelli was my personal favorite. I always carried a spare fuel pump when I had my Alfas (as well as a spare master cylinder).

Well Lucas had it's problems, but Marelli was my personal favorite. I always carried a spare fuel pump when I had my Alfas (as well as a spare master cylinder).
Oh yeah, the fuel pumps... Never carried a spare but did keep one at home. They were so loud that when you turned the car on you could hear the pump clicking away, fast at first and then slower as pressure built up on the high side. If you didn't hear the familiar clicking when you turned the car on then you knew immediately what the problem was. Ahh, the memories (and they're actually kind of good ones despite the problems).

My classic British roadster (Triumph Spitfire) has never had an electrical problem. Best of all it has only three fuses (there's a fourth in there as a spare). Of course, the original points and distributor were switched out for electronic ignition, which definitely helps. But all circuits, all bulbs, all instruments and devices are present and accounted for. Even the boot lamp.
That said, I think the Japanese probably do electrics the best.
Robin