Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla hires futuristic Porsche designer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the Electrek article, Mr Godard apparently is the one to have created a very impressive realization of a set of virtual dials that alter their position on the dash with respect to where each driver's head is. That's something else indeed!

Cf0nPO_UUAArjHw.jpg

I think I'm getting it now. The entire dash of the 3 will be the dash! Kind of like a google glass on the dash so you always see what you need. The 15 inch display will allow access, but the speed display, autopilot and any other main dash display will float with your eyes. Now that would be a stunner!

I'm confident he will be working on the model 3, improving the dash and implementing some sort of speedo as Elon mentioned. If I'm right good day for future model 3 owners as Felix was probably the best interior designer at Porsche. What he did for the mission E is amazing. I really do think the model 3 will be even cooler at reveal 2.

Looking at the Mission E interior, it has the "flying bridge" center console similar to what is in our 2012 Prius. Honestly, a majority of Prius owners do not like the console and prefer a more traditional console. We are in the minority. We think the flying bridge concept works great. Puts most of the necessary switches and gauges within easy reach and eyesight to both driver and front seat passenger. The front seat passenger can truly become a copilot if desired. We would be most pleased if the T3 incorporated that concept in the final release. But again, we would probably be in the minority if that should happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Lunarx
I suspect that any major advancements in dash or gauge design (like floating dials that follow your eye movement) will not be available on the Model 3 first, but instead on $100,000+ builds of an S or an X. Why would Tesla give their top of the line options to their entry level car without first rolling out to their flagship model(s)?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx