Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Hires Toyota Manufacturing Expert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, treading lightly to avoid NDA issues, I'd like to introduce myself, as one of the recruits of Gilbert. ("He will also help us recruit the best and the brightest employees for our California manufacturing team.") :cool:

I also helped launch the 150L (Corolla X), at NUMMI as an award-winning Tier 1 supplier, while launching a new facility in Nor Cal.

I have seen cool, non-disclose-able things, but mostly have no info on product to give. I work in Production Planning, so I'm a process-focused guy. :smile:

I've been following Tesla for a long time, so I am beyond excited to work on this awesome project (Model S).

I'll mostly be lurking, since I, legally, can't confirm/correct/deny pretty much anything. But, this looks like the best Tesla forum around, so I had to join. Also, I drove the Roadster today, and it was amazing! You really can't explain that acceleration in normal terms.

-bZj

It seems Tesla isn't too keen on anything even remotely close to a leak of information. So, for what it is worth, unless the PR department gave you permission to post here, you might be taking a risk even with all the disclaimers and care.

With that said, welcome to the forum, and we appreciate your participation! :wink:

Welcome Down8. This is a great forum and some of us have been posting for years. The people at TM should know that this is a Tesla friendly forum.

We do complain about delays and lack of communication; but that is because some of us are anxiously waiting for our Model S and have no other way to vent! :biggrin:

I actually don't mind that Tesla is taking the Apple approach when it comes to what information is disseminated, where and when, as it likely means there's much going on behind doors to be excited about (not always, but usually).

So, welcome, and enjoy your lurking.

I actually don't mind that Tesla is taking the Apple approach when it comes to what information is disseminated, where and when, as it likely means there's much going on behind doors to be excited about (not always, but usually).

So, welcome, and enjoy your lurking.

If only they could just lose a production model S, or BlueStar in a bar.