Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Home integration - Garage Door opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the final outcome for M3 owners who had HomeKit listed as equipment when we ordered the car. Last I heard TOCA were following it up with Tesla. Do any M3 owners have it installed yet?

yea Tesla is honouring the Homelink install for free and I had it done. If you don’t need it and plan to use it think whether you should bother though as they need to remove the front bumper and the funk and I have read (and have happened to me) of damage during the install.

yea Tesla is honouring the Homelink install for free and I had it done. If you don’t need it and plan to use it think whether you should bother though as they need to remove the front bumper and the funk and I have read (and have happened to me) of damage during the install.
Its actually quite painful to use in the S. I cant use auto open as too many of us using the gate and door, and the homelink button is too far to reach whilst belted in. Its on the passenger side of the screen, which presumably is a US hangover from not being capable of driving on the correct side of the road.