Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Home Wall Connector - Need Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was able to scan QR just now with iPad….still didn’t ask for password.

There is no “login” password as one is not needed. When you connect to the wall unit you connect to the unique SSID and then enter the WiFi password, these are imbedded in th QR code or you can enter them manually. Since this is a WPA2 connection with a with a 12-digit password it is very secure.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Was able to scan QR just now with iPad….still didn’t ask for password.

Solid single green light on wall unit. Here‘s screenshot of UI

While I was on that page is when I opened a browser and entered the 192..address.
The screen asked me to choose the file to upload for the software. I had previously downloaded the update (it was a ****** BIN file)
I chose the file from my downloads and it updated. It may be a load sharing update but it MAY also contain non sharing updates.

New to the forum, new to Tesla. Haven't even gotten my Model S, but had the wall connector already installed :)

Electrician did it, install was very straight forward. Turn on the line, wall connector turns on and a single green light is flashing (I presume that means its SSID is broadcasting). On my phone I can see the Tesla wireless ID, I click on it, enter the IP address as instructed, and get into the menu. I confirm the electrical settings, connect my home network (it says connected), and check for new updates and see none. I see the power readings at the top of the menu page, all looks well. When I check the amp setting, 4 green lights light up, corresponding to my 48A connection.

Problem is, when I am done with this step and I shut the phone down, the single green pulsing light never stops pulsing. Nothing changes, it just pulses for what feels like forever, before I shut the circuit down.

I've never connected this to a car, I presume it'll work from a charging standpoint, but I need some advice.

I am using a Netgear Orbi mesh system, Wifi 6, and have great connection strength where the wall charger is.

Help is needed, trying to contact Tesla but making no progress.

Thank you,
Justin Blasberg
Tesla has a group of folks that specialize in dealing with home chargers. Their number is 877 961 7652. If you call that number and they don’t answer right away then you can request a call back. They should be able to help you. They walked me through the process and saved me a lot of trouble.

I think it's fixed now. The latest UI just doesn't give you any good feedback or instructions. There's no setup wizard, and it doesn't confirm when you change settings. Finally I just disconnected my phone and laptop from the self-broadcast SSID, and it did change the status light to a single solid green light several minutes later. It seems as long as any client is connected to the SSID it won't timeout and finish commissioning. Not the best or most intuitive UI for such a simple device, really.
Thanks, man, you answered my question, and mine is just like yours, no confirmation page after I finished setting up everything, it keeps showing a flashing green light. Once I followed your advice, disconnected my cell from self-broadcast SSID, 15min later, the LED turned to solid green automatic.

I think it's fixed now. The latest UI just doesn't give you any good feedback or instructions. There's no setup wizard, and it doesn't confirm when you change settings. Finally I just disconnected my phone and laptop from the self-broadcast SSID, and it did change the status light to a single solid green light several minutes later. It seems as long as any client is connected to the SSID it won't timeout and finish commissioning. Not the best or most intuitive UI for such a simple device, really.
Thanks, man. I followed your advice, disconnected my phone from the self-broadcast SSID, 15min later, the LED turned to solid green. (After I seted up amp and wifi, there is no summary page to confirm in my case)

Please see the steps below to troubleshoot GREEN PULSE issue.

Factory Reset

1. Ensure the wall connector is not plugged into the vehicle
  2. Turn the wall connector's breaker off and back on 3 times in a row, without breaks in between. Take note of what size breaker is installed
  3. While standing close to the wall connector, open your device's (cell phone, tablet, laptop) settings and navigate to the wifi section.
  4. Choose the wifi network labeled TeslaWallConnector_XXXXX. It may ask you for a password, this is located on the front page of your quickstart guide, WPA2.
  5. Once connected, your phone will advise you that it is connected to the network, but no internet is available, this is normal and expected.
  6. Open a new internet browser page (safari, chrome, firefox), and in the URL/address bar (not Google search), enter the following address: 192.168.92.1/service
  7. On this page, there should be an option for offline firmware uploads and factory reset, please choose the factory reset option.

Breaker Settings

1. Once the wall connector is awake again, please reconnect back to the wall connector's network
  2. Please open the webpage to 192.168.92.1/installation
  3. This page will ask for the country and breaker size, please hit save once complete.

Wi-Fi Connection

1. After saving the breaker size, the homepage should load, showing a picture of the wall connector, the TPN and TSN, as well as some options below. If this page does not load, in the address bar, please erase the address, and enter 192.168.92.1/wifi
  2. A new page will load, showing no wifi connected, and will give you a blue Edit or Rescan button. Click the button, and your home wifi network, as well as others, will appear. Select your home network and enter in the password.
  3. From here, it may take a few minutes for the wall connector to fully connect and you may be disconnected from the wall connector's network. If this happens, please go back to your device's wifi settings and select the TeslaWallConnector_XXXXX option once more.
  4. You can confirm the wall connector has been successfully connected to your network when it shows check marks next to Connected to Internet and Connected to Tesla.
  5. You have completed the commissioning steps from here. You can now place your phone back into your home wifi and start charging!